Author Topic: Jared Kushner 'admitted Donald Trump lies to his base because he thinks they're stupid'  (Read 992 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Donald Trump lied to his Republican base and thought they were so stupid they would believe it, according to Jared Kushner.

Mr Kushner, a property developer who is both President Trump’s senior advisor and son-in-law, reportedly made the remarks after he was challenged about Mr Trump’s prolonged interrogation over whether Barack Obama was born in the US...

...“He rolled his eyes and said ‘He doesn’t really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they’ll buy it’”....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jared-kushner-apos-admitted-donald-102800653.html?soc_src=hl-viewer&soc_trk=fb

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I thought that was democrat schtick.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It would make sense due the fact Trump knew that running as a Democrat would never fly with the Clinton's next in line for the throne, and somewhere in the ether of my mind was a quote or a video of Trump saying in some interview (Playboy?) "If I were to run, I would run as a Republican because they are the dumbest group of voters in the country".

Of course we understand Northeastern liberals do believe that, so it's not a stretch to think Trump also thought or has voiced opinions to match it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Yahoo news.   yep.  Top rated news 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

... somewhere in the ether of my mind was a quote or a video of Trump saying in some interview (Playboy?) "If I were to run, I would run as a Republican because they are the dumbest group of voters in the country".

It was a spurious quote, not a real one.  It was supposedly in a People magazine issue in 1998, but it isn't.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It was a spurious quote, not a real one.  It was supposedly in a People magazine issue in 1998, but it isn't.

Somehow people want to willfully forget that Trump was NOT a Republican nearly all of his life.  That he voted Democrat and campaigned for and funded both Hillary Clinton AND Bill DeBlasio in their bids for office BEFORE he decided to become a Republican and run for President as an 'outsider'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

Ms Spiers, who served as the editor of the publication from early 2011 to late 2012, made the alleged revelation in order to prove to a right-wing blogger that Mr Trump was a “notorious liar”.

Wow. Some unemployable Commie Pinko making stuff up to win a flame war with a blogger. Real credible.

Online mountaineer

"Reportedly" said + Yahoo = likely bullcrap.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org