Author Topic: Diversity Fail? All-Women Engineering Team Blamed for Collapse of Miami Pedestrian Bridge  (Read 7184 times)

Offline Stevensr123

I work in engineering, mainly structural .

Worked on probably a hundred projects and the only way I have seen P/T systems being used is in slabs.

What is weird to me is:
1. why make a concrete truss when it's Mutch cheaper and easier to place with steel.

2. Why the hell hell was they turning the cables when the road wasn't closed?
P/T slabs are a sound method of strengthen slabs. Nothing wrong with P/T vs reo in terms of strength. But sometimes the wire blows out ( often because the concrete hasn't had enough time to set or not enough cover).
3. Why has this structure only has one factor if safety!!! This is the more dangous thing. If you knock a column down in a building, it don't fall down, because you factor in that happening. How did this get through the verification process?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 One thing I am certain of is that in the end a man will be at fault for the collapse. Almost a certainty that it will be a white man.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Stevensr123

One thing I am certain of is that in the end a man will be at fault for the collapse. Almost a certainty that it will be a white man.
it doesn't really matter about the race or gender to be honest mate. Just poor as f*** engineering and planning.

This design and the construction planning would have gone through many many hands. All have failed.not just one person .

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
it doesn't really matter about the race or gender to be honest mate. Just poor as f*** engineering and planning.

This design and the construction planning would have gone through many many hands. All have failed.not just one person .

@Stevensr123

Since when has truth had anything to do with politics?

Offline Stevensr123

@Stevensr123

Since when has truth had anything to do with politics?
to be honest mate it's really scary reading some comments.

For me at least,everything shouldn't be us vs them.  That is how we(most nations ) have come to this point.

When you treat political parties like football teams (soccer), each party moves further left and right.

Gone are the days parties and even people just think for themselves and their nation.

This situation has nothing to do with politics and gender and has everything to do with:

Poor planning
Poor engineering

Like I said P/T slabs blowing out can happen all the time, but it's isolate and doesn't effect the entire structure, it effects the people around it of course, but it's s situation that's reparable. An entire structure should not collapse because of it

And I can't believe it got past the design verification process.

The biggest question in any design is "what if".

Normally the question is in terms of what if a massive hurricane happend, not one support failing
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 02:12:11 am by Stevensr123 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Us" may not be interested in "Them," but "Them" is plenty interested in "Us."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

This situation has nothing to do with politics and gender and has everything to do with:

Poor planning
Poor engineering

@Stevensr123

I completely disagree. It is the result of VERY careful planning that goes back decades. It started with communists/American leftists back in the 1920's,and when Communism died,the globalists moved in and took over. No real change in management style,but the serfs may live a little more comfortably under them if they toe the line.

The goal is Worldwide Government,Inc,and each continent will have different corporate boards running it. For example,Canada,The US,and Mexico will probably be fused together and known by a title like "The North American Economic Zone". They,and every other board will report to the WWG board,which will probably be somewhere in Europe like Geneva. Paper and coin money will disappear,and "digital money" will only be allowed to be used in the zone where the account originated unless you are management.  Piss off management,and your digital bank account will be deleted by the push of a button,and you instantly become penniless and homeless.

You will live in housing the corporation assigns you to live in,and you will work where you are assigned to work. If you cause trouble,you will be kicked off the team and in some places executed,and in others left to roam free with no resources until you die of injury,exposure,starvation,or illness.

The post-industrial world will need a LOT fewer workers,so population numbers WILL be reduced. If you are permitted to marry,you must also get a permit to have a child. No permit pregnancies will result in forced abortion and sterilization. You MUST do your duty to the corporation and the planet by reducing the number of people that need resources and create pollution. 

Offline RoosGirl

@Stevensr123

I completely disagree. It is the result of VERY careful planning that goes back decades. It started with communists/American leftists back in the 1920's,and when Communism died,the globalists moved in and took over. No real change in management style,but the serfs may live a little more comfortably under them if they toe the line.

The goal is Worldwide Government,Inc,and each continent will have different corporate boards running it. For example,Canada,The US,and Mexico will probably be fused together and known by a title like "The North American Economic Zone". They,and every other board will report to the WWG board,which will probably be somewhere in Europe like Geneva. Paper and coin money will disappear,and "digital money" will only be allowed to be used in the zone where the account originated unless you are management.  Piss off management,and your digital bank account will be deleted by the push of a button,and you instantly become penniless and homeless.

You will live in housing the corporation assigns you to live in,and you will work where you are assigned to work. If you cause trouble,you will be kicked off the team and in some places executed,and in others left to roam free with no resources until you die of injury,exposure,starvation,or illness.

The post-industrial world will need a LOT fewer workers,so population numbers WILL be reduced. If you are permitted to marry,you must also get a permit to have a child. No permit pregnancies will result in forced abortion and sterilization. You MUST do your duty to the corporation and the planet by reducing the number of people that need resources and create pollution.

So you're blaming a pedestrian bridge collapse on the NWO?

Offline Stevensr123

he did a massive post but like I siad, I refuse to believe this is political.

Bad engineering and bad planning by council (not sure what you guys call local authority call it )

In reality a multiple people have crapped up.

1. Why design a truss with concrete
2. Why did the design rely on just one support
3. Why did the strengthening and such a critical situation happen while the public was active

These are questions that need to be asked, not was they democratic or republican

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@RoosGirl

I'm not responsible for your lack of ability,or desire, to pay attention,

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

I'm not responsible for your lack of ability,or desire, to pay attention,

Be nice @sneakypete or I'll make sure your name gets put in multiple times for the drawing of which grumpy old white man gets chosen to take the blame.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Be nice @sneakypete or I'll make sure your name gets put in multiple times for the drawing of which grumpy old white man gets chosen to take the blame.

@RoosGirl

Me,Me! PICK ME!

Offline Suppressed

I work in engineering, mainly structural .

Worked on probably a hundred projects and the only way I have seen P/T systems being used is in slabs.

What is weird to me is:
1. why make a concrete truss when it's Mutch cheaper and easier to place with steel.

2. Why the hell hell was they turning the cables when the road wasn't closed?
P/T slabs are a sound method of strengthen slabs. Nothing wrong with P/T vs reo in terms of strength. But sometimes the wire blows out ( often because the concrete hasn't had enough time to set or not enough cover).
3. Why has this structure only has one factor if safety!!! This is the more dangous thing. If you knock a column down in a building, it don't fall down, because you factor in that happening. How did this get through the verification process?

I think this was meant to be a showpiece of "innovative" techniques, especially those developed at the university.

@Stevensr123
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Stevensr123

@Suppressed

Maybe the board that picked the contractor was itself an AA board picking an AA contractor? This sort of crap used to happen all the time in the USSR and China,where there was no actual competition,and the bureaucrats were always free to pick construction companies headed up by relatives or inlaws.

Offline endicom

I haven't in fact seen who designed or was in charge of constructing the bridge so I don't know how much blame should go to the femmes.

Offline Suppressed

I haven't in fact seen who designed or was in charge of constructing the bridge so I don't know how much blame should go to the femmes.

EoR is a man.

This is an idiotic meme.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn