Author Topic: Dems Prepare To Oust Pelosi if They Take Back the House  (Read 315 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Dems Prepare To Oust Pelosi if They Take Back the House
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:00:08 pm »
By Jack Crowe
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/pelosi-to-be-ousted-if-dems-take-house/

Top Democrats in the House believe Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) will likely be ousted from leadership in favor of a younger and more inclusive lawmaker should Democrats reclaim the lower chamber in 2018.

House Democrats eager to see Pelosi replaced were heartened by Conor Lamb’s special election win in Pennsylvania, and see his disavowal of the minority leader as a blue print for a new wave of Democratic hopefuls running in traditionally red districts, according to Axios.

. . . Lamb’s victory over Republican Rick Saccone — in a district President Donald Trump won by 20 points — has bolstered their argument against Pelosi’s continued tenure. The 33-year-old political novice directly disavowed the minority leader on numerous occasions and explicitly said he would not vote for her to retain the gavel.

“If we’re going to take the majority, it’s going to be because we win districts like that,” Rep. Filemon Vela (D., Texas), a consummate critic of leadership, told Politico. “Running against Nancy Pelosi is going to help you a lot more than running with her.”

“I think everyone’s watching what Conor Lamb’s doing, and I hope they’re taking notes,” said Rep. Seth Moulton (D., Mass.) . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Dems Prepare To Oust Pelosi if They Take Back the House
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 09:09:12 pm »
Man talk about a win lose..... or is it a lose win?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 09:22:52 pm »
Man talk about a win lose..... or is it a lose win?
Take your pick, but at least reducing Pelousy to just another seat in the House would be even a tiny improvement.

Emphasis on "tiny."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 09:28:53 pm »
I like Pelosi right where she is.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 09:32:54 pm »
I like Pelosi right where she is.
But wouldn't it be better if she were marginalised right out of the minority leadership? Which could happen, if the article is
right and Democratic candidates for Congress start figuring out the way Lamb seems to have, that running against her
would be better for them.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 09:57:27 pm »
But wouldn't it be better if she were marginalised right out of the minority leadership? Which could happen, if the article is
right and Democratic candidates for Congress start figuring out the way Lamb seems to have, that running against her
would be better for them.

You might be correct, but that dem candidate was not typical.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 10:04:45 pm »
Democrats certainly need to replace her as she is not competent anymore and hasn't been for a number of years.  I agree it is better for Republicans to be where she is, as she IS incompetent.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 11:25:28 am »
I think Pelosi is done in leadership, and she knows it, too.  She's ready for "Emeritis" status.  But there's about to be a grudge match between the Connor Lambs and Filemon Velas, whose practically only common interest is replacing her.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.