Author Topic: Science SHOCK: Chlorine in swimming pools transforms sunscreen into cancer-causing toxic chemical r  (Read 817 times)

rangerrebew

Science SHOCK: Chlorine in swimming pools transforms sunscreen into cancer-causing toxic chemical right on your skin

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 by: Isabelle Z.   

(Natural News) If you think you’re doing something good by slathering sunscreen on yourself and your kids before hitting the pool, you might want to think again. A new study places sunscreen firmly on the list of products that can do more harm than good as Russian scientists discover the destructive effects of chlorine in swimming pools on sunscreen.

Researchers from Lomonosov Moscow State University have discovered that the world’s most popular active sunscreen ingredient, avobenzone, breaks down into something far more sinister in chlorinated water. Two of the chemicals it produces upon mixing with the water, phenols and acetyl benzenes, are of particular concern because of their toxicity. This reaction takes place on your wet skin when the sunscreen reacts to UV radiation and chlorinated water, and the chemicals have been linked to problems like immune system damage, infertility, and cancer.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-07-11-science-shock-chlorine-in-swimming-pools-transforms-sunscreen-into-cancer-causing-toxic-chemical-right-on-your-skin.html

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

I don't know why I keep clicking on this clickbait stuff.  I guess it's those words in all caps: 

SHOCKING
BREAKING
AMAZING
REVEALED

and so on.

Offline WingNot

I don't know why I keep clicking on this clickbait stuff.  I guess it's those words in all caps: 

SHOCKING
BREAKING
AMAZING
REVEALED

and so on.

If it naturalnews.com it is fake news and clickbait. :shrug:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Natural News so take this with a grain is salt...

Offline andy58-in-nh

If it naturalnews.com it is fake news and clickbait. :shrug:

It's Breitbart for hypochondriacs.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline WingNot

It's Breitbart for hypochondriacs.

I think I'm going to be sick.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As teens and young adults in sundrenched SoCal, gals smeared on cocoa butter, and got as dark as possible.

To this day a browned beauty in a bikini, at the beach or by the pool, turns my head.

Now they are getting patches of cancerous skin excised, but perhaps not so much as if they had used chemical sun block, is that correct?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:59:57 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Suppressed

To this day a browned beauty in a bikini, at the beach or by the pool, turns my head.

Yeah...disgusts me, too.  Such a waste.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

As teens and young adults in sundrenched SoCal, gals smeared on cocoa butter, and got as dark as possible.

Now they are getting patches of cancerous skin excised, but perhaps not so much as if they had used chemical sun block, is that correct?

If it is "browned" you need to turn the oven down or kill your Auto correct.

Bronzed ....on the other hand  hubba hubba.

Offline musiclady

There is a conspiracy out there to get kids to stay in the basement and do nothing but play video games.

Everything outdoors is NOT dangerous, people!   *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
More natural news garbage.