Author Topic: The Coming Collusion Bloodbath  (Read 596 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Coming Collusion Bloodbath
« on: March 18, 2018, 11:28:48 am »
The Coming Collusion Bloodbath
Townhall, Mar 18, 2018, Kevin McCullough 

<snip>

But few have had interest in addressing a separate issue that demands attention. For while the Russians attempted mass chaos, the more serious scandal appears to have covered up criminal behavior, illicit manipulation of the FISA process, and an attempt to undo the quite serious results of an election.   Is there anything more sacred in our representative republic?

The scandal that goes mostly unmentioned began before the election had even occurred but appears to have continued well past the final results of election night, with one candidate winning 30 of 50 states, and racking up a 304 to 227 victory in the electoral college.

A victory that looks increasingly historic in light of what increasingly appears to be the collusion of the then current administration with one campaign, and in instance after instance attempting to push their thumb on the scale of the outcome.

Read more:  https://townhall.com/columnists/kevinmccullough/2018/03/18/the-coming-collusion-bloodbath-n2462040

Offline endicom

Re: The Coming Collusion Bloodbath
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 02:55:26 pm »

This investigation should lead back to the Dems and I hope these writers keep beating that drum.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 03:42:55 pm »
I've been trying to look at this thing as objectively as I can, to try to figure out how it all could have occurred,  and who's mendacious and who's merely gullible.

It's a puzzler.

Was this a matter of a campaign and an administration cynically trying to manipulate the results of an election?    Or was there in fact genuine concern that the Trump campaign,  and even Trump himself,  had been penetrated by Russian intelligence?   I understand that conclusion contradicts the standard trope that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.   (Trump's kid's meeting with the Russian who claimed to have "dirt" on Hillary, for example, almost certainly wasn't collusion but naivety that was never followed up upon).    But Trump WAS an international oligarch, and did have business interests in Russia -  is it possible that the administration and American intelligence professionals had genuine worries about a potential Manchurian candidate, and were suckered by the Clinton cabal, or both suckered by someone else?   

Did Steele present his dossier with any imprimatur of reliability, or did he just throw a bunch of raw shit together with no vouchsafe,  and let his dirty clients do with it what they will?   Did Steele's past activities as a spy,  known to American intelligence, cause the CIA/FBI to attach possible credibility to the information notwithstanding the tainted nature of the dossier's champion?

What seems most likely to me is that the Hillary campaign was the true evil actor, not necessarily the Obama administration and our professional intelligence agencies.   Clearly,  I think,  the administration became aware of the dossier because the campaign leaked it.    The administration seemed both breathlessly worried about the veracity of the evidence pointing (circumstantially) to a mole in the Trump campaign (or Trump's vulnerability to blackmail), and petrified at the thought it might have to do something about it.   It bent the law to obtain the FISA warrants,  and had other evidence of Russian election-related meddling/infiltration, but made no attempt to alert local authorities concerned with election security.   What explains this combination of legally reckless yet cautious behavior,  especially if the Obama administration, like just about everyone else, was confident that Hillary would win?       
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:49:34 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 04:56:20 pm »
This investigation should lead back to the Dems and I hope these writers keep beating that drum.

I expect there will be some nominal Republicans too.  And, I'm fine with their being held to account too.