Author Topic: Inquiry into Trump campaign data firm  (Read 546 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Inquiry into Trump campaign data firm
« on: March 18, 2018, 01:49:08 am »
Inquiry into Trump campaign data firm
The attorney general for the US state of Massachusetts is launching an investigation into alleged harvesting of Facebook profiles by a firm employed by Donald Trump's election campaign.

Investigations by the Observer and New York Times newspapers claim details from 50 million profiles were gathered without the users' knowledge.

The company, Cambridge Analytica, was suspended from Facebook on Friday.

Continued at: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43444791

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Inquiry into Trump campaign data firm
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 06:54:45 am »
I hope everyone is paying attention to this story.  This is a serious issue that goes far beyond just Cambridge Analytica. 

As far as Cambridge A goes, they actually tried to buy similar research data from a friend of my husband.  When our friend turned them down because he felt it was unethical, they apparently hired someone to produce their own ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 06:04:08 pm »
Wow. That is interesting LauraTXNM

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:03:26 am »
Wow. That is interesting LauraTXNM

Apparently our friend has been getting phone calls and texts all weekend about this.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.