Author Topic: Why Trump’s admission that he made stuff up to Justin Trudeau is particularly bad  (Read 514 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In a fundraising speech Wednesday, President Trump admitted once and for all that he just makes stuff up. The man who has racked up more than 2,000 false and misleading claims as president said he insisted to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that United States runs a trade deficit with Canada — despite having “no idea” whether that was the case. (Surprise! It's not.).....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/03/15/why-trumps-admission-that-he-made-stuff-up-to-justin-trudeau-is-particularly-bad/?utm_term=.24dc85a58344

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
“I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know,” Trump said. “I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid.”

It's amazing that he'd say that part, "Because we're so stupid".  I don't know, but making it a big "Thou Shalt Not Lie" issue, seems to be exaggerating the seriousness here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 04:55:28 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

If Trump was Bush or Obama, maybe it would matter.

But I think people have factored in Trump's sense of humor, partially formed & ill thought out comments & propensity to riff by now.

Calling it 'particularly bad' isn't going to change that.

Offline RoosGirl

If Trump was Bush or Obama, maybe it would matter.

But I think people have factored in Trump's sense of humor, partially formed & ill thought out comments & propensity to riff by now.

Calling it 'particularly bad' isn't going to change that.

Perhaps the 'real' news shouldn't report on the 'real' stupid shit he says anymore.