Author Topic: Tokyo bids farewell to 'trustworthy' Tillerson, Seoul awaits...  (Read 450 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tokyo bids farewell to 'trustworthy' Tillerson, Seoul awaits...
Linda Sieg, Hyonhee Shin

TOKYO/SEOUL (Reuters) - Japan’s foreign minister said on Wednesday he personally regretted the departure of “frank, trustworthy” U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson ahead of a proposed summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Trump fired Tillerson on Tuesday after a series of public rifts over policy on North Korea and other issues, replacing him with loyalist Central Intelligence Agency Director Mike Pompeo.

“He (Tillerson) was a frank, trustworthy counterpart and I thought we would deal with the North Korea issue together, but personally, I feel that this situation that has developed is unfortunate,” Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono told reporters in Tokyo.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-tillerson-asia/tokyo-bids-farewell-to-trustworthy-tillerson-seoul-awaits-seasoned-pompeo-idUSKCN1GQ0FX
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:14:40 pm by TomSea »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Tokyo bids farewell to 'trustworthy' Tillerson, Seoul awaits...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 04:17:19 pm »
Japan is threatened by a growing South Korea, financially and militarily.    Japan has been a really really bad neighbor over the last 100 years and they have done little to make up for it. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.