Author Topic: Federal Tax Revenues Hit Record Highs — Are Trump's Tax Cuts Paying For Themselves?  (Read 743 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Federal Tax Revenues Hit Record Highs — Are Trump's Tax Cuts Paying For Themselves?
Investor's Business Daily, Mar 13, 2017

Tax Cuts: The latest monthly Treasury report on taxes and spending shows that gross tax receipts in February were $1.4 billion higher than the year before. Weren't the Republican tax cuts supposed to explode the deficit?

According to the report, the government took in $238.2 billion in taxes in February. The year before, tax revenues were $236.8 billion.

For fiscal year 2018, which started last October, taxes are up $50.5 billion compared with the same months last year, and are at a record high level for this five-month span.

The report does show that net receipts were lower in February compared with last year, but the main reason is that individual income tax refunds jumped $13.3 billion, while corporate tax refunds went up $4 billion, neither of which is the result of the tax cuts that took effect in January.

Even so, net receipts are up by $29.6 billion for the current fiscal year — a 2.4% increase — compared with the same period last year. That's also a record high. (See nearby chart.)

More:  https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/federal-tax-revenues-hit-record-highs-are-trumps-tax-cuts-paying-for-themselves/

Offline MajorClay

Imagine that, what did the dems tell us would happen?

Offline LMAO

Tax cuts don’t explode the deficit.

It’s the excessive spending that does
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy