Author Topic: 15 New Exoplanets Are Discovered Including One 'Super Earth' That Could Be Habitable  (Read 1073 times)

Offline kevindavis007

There are 15 new exoplanets were discovered by a research team in Tokyo. Those 15 exoplanets were confirmed to have 3 super-Earths, of those three super-Earths one is confirmed to be in the star's habitable zone.

Chances of finding alien life in new exoplanets discovered keep increasing as more exoplanets are found that may have the right conditions.

K2-155d
A team from the Tokyo Institute of Technology's Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences confirmed the existence of 15 exoplanets that are orbiting red dwarf stars. K2-155 is one of the brighter red dwarfs, it is around 200 light years away from Earth.

K2-155's system includes three super-Earths, the super-Earth orbiting the furthest away from the star could be within its habitable zone. K2-155d had a radius that is 1.6 times larger than that of Earth.

Read More: http://www.isn-news.net/2018/03/15-new-exoplanets-are-discovered.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Joe Wooten

These planets are in tidally locked orbits around a red dwarf. Very unlikely to be habitable. If it still has an atmosphere, then it is probably a super Venus, not a super Earth.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I wish I lived there instead of here.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
A team from the Tokyo Institute of Technology's Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences

Tokyo Institute of Technology... great discovery, even better acronym!
Let it burn.

Offline Joe Wooten

Tokyo Institute of Technology... great discovery, even better acronym!
888high58888