Author Topic: Wash Post: Gina Haspel, Trump’s pick for CIA director, tied to use of brutal interrogation measures  (Read 527 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gina Haspel, Trump’s pick for CIA director, tied to use of brutal interrogation measures

By Greg Miller and Shane Harris March 13 at 11:01 AM Email the author

President Trump on Tuesday nominated CIA veteran Gina Haspel to be the spy agency’s next director, tapping a woman who spent multiple tours overseas and is respected by the workforce but is deeply tied to the agency’s use of brutal interrogation measures on terrorism suspects.

Haspel, 61, would become the first woman to lead the CIA if she is confirmed to succeed outgoing director Mike Pompeo, who has been nominated to serve as secretary of state. Haspel’s selection faced immediate opposition from some lawmakers and human rights groups because of her prominent role in one of the agency’s darkest chapters.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-nominates-gina-haspel-to-head-cia-an-agency-veteran-tied-to-use-of-brutal-interrogation-measures/2018/03/13/bd47c8ce-26c6-11e8-874b-d517e912f125_story.html?utm_term=.b0a4fb5112db
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
She's mostly known for the EITs used in the Thailand black site on this winner....

Until the attacks on New York and Washington, Abu Zubaida was a committed jihadist who regarded the United States as an enemy principally because of its support of Israel. He helped move people in and out of military training camps in Afghanistan, including some men who were or became members of al-Qaeda, according to interviews with multiple sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. He was widely known as a kind of travel agent for those seeking such training.

I won't lose any sleep over it, but I'm sure Graham is already swooning.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s pick for CIA director, tied to use of brutal interrogation measures

I like her already...lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I like her already...lol

Putting panties on a persons head is brutal?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Depends on the panties doesn't it?

Online corbe

And whether their soiled or not.  @Weird Tolkienish Figure
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

This move proves beyond a doubt that Trump really, really hates women.  ^-^

Kidding aside, looks like a good pick.

Offline aligncare

Another good thing about this is how he continues to disarm his detractors arguments that he’s a sexist, racist, homophobe blah blah blah.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
She's mostly known for the EITs used in the Thailand black site on this winner....

So she's guaranteed to have a smooth confirmation process ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline edpc

Wait until McCain hears about it.  He'll have Dr. Feelgood pump him up with everything so he can return and grandstand.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So much for any media cheers of the First Woman As Head of the CIA.

Oh that's right - it's only a 'first' and only counts when Marxist Democrats in office put people into positions of power because of their skin color and what is between their legs, or lack thereof.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline aligncare

Oh that's right - it's only a 'first' and only counts when Marxist Democrats in office put people into positions of power because of their skin color and what is between their legs, or lack thereof.

Sure. Let’s see the democrats attack his selection for the first woman ever to be nominated to head tha CIA. Trump plays his enemies like a Stradivarius.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:04:15 pm by aligncare »

Offline edpc

Well, you never know with firsts. The left was not thrilled with Sandra Day O'Connor, until they were.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:07:13 pm by edpc »

Offline Hoodat

Quote from: WaPo
Haspel’s selection faced immediate opposition from some lawmakers and human rights groups because of her prominent role in one of the agency’s darkest chapters.

Haspel was in charge of one of the CIA’s “black site” prisons where detainees were subjected to waterboarding and other harrowing interrogation measures widely condemned as torture.

The WaPo makes this claim in the third and fourth sentences of its article.  Yet in the 40+ sentences that follow, there is absolutely NOTHING that substantiates this claim.  Furthermore, they link to an earlier WaPo article where they openly admit as to not knowing where these "black sites" are.

More fake news.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Correctamundo!  It's just like when Bill Clinton nominated Ruth Bader Ginsburg as the first woman on the US Supreme Court.  Or when Carol Mosely Braun became the first African American US Senator in 1993.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

To WAPO writers apparently!  They have no firggin idea about brutal!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I won't lose any sleep over it, but I'm sure Graham is already swooning.

Neither will I.  I've got the TV on Fox and Shemp is in full swoon over that fact.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sure. Let’s see the democrats attack his selection for the first woman ever to be nominated to head tha CIA. Trump plays his enemies like a Stradivarius.

They will attack her in the same manner they attack any pick by a Republican that is female or of color.

If you don't think they will I've got some beach property in W. Texas I'd like to sell you.

All Democrats are concerned about is the fact she is NOT a Liberal like they are.  And because she's not and because she is working for THIS president (I can hear their shrill bleating already) they will rip her to shreds.

Liberals have been doing their best to destroy the CIA since back in the days of the Church Commission.  They would look at her as just another scalp collected.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!