Author Topic: Oregon encourages intolerance by punishing Aaron and Melissa Klein  (Read 338 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Washington Examiner
by Ken Klukowski
March 13, 2018 01:01 AM

People of good faith nationwide should want the Oregon Supreme Court to take the appeal of Aaron and Melissa Klein, if only to be reminded that it is possible to live peacefully as neighbors even when we disagree.

Aaron and Melissa are the bakers near Portland whose religious beliefs prevented them from custom-designing a wedding cake to express a message celebrating same-sex marriage. The Kleins came from modest backgrounds, got married early in life, and were raising their children. After years of hard work, they managed to get a little piece of the American Dream by opening their own small business, a bakery named Sweet Cakes by Melissa.

Aaron and Melissa are mainstream American Christians. As such, they sincerely believe the Bible is the word of God, that they are to live according to their personal understanding of what the Bible teaches, and strive to live out their faith in everything they say and do — including how they ran their little bakery.

They hoped and prayed that their small family business would become something they could pass on to their children. Melissa hoped to train her daughter in the craft while Aaron taught the family how to run a business.

One day in 2013, a woman asked them to customize-design a cake to celebrate her same-sex relationship. To Aaron and Melissa, she was a repeat customer; the Kleins had previously designed a wedding cake for one of her family members.

But Aaron and Melissa customize messages only when consistent with their personal faith. They consistently declined to customize messages for “divorce parties,” bachelor parties, and even Halloween, which they know many Christians celebrate with a clear conscience, because they held those messages to be inconsistent with their sincere religious beliefs.

This is when Aaron and Melissa’s American Dream turned into a nightmare.

(more)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/oregon-encourages-intolerance-by-punishing-aaron-and-melissa-klein
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Oregon encourages intolerance by punishing Aaron and Melissa Klein
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 11:05:01 am »
Image result for bake the damn cake
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.