Author Topic: FBI and NYPD negotiators reveal the secrets to getting your kids to behave  (Read 1053 times)

Offline endicom

Moneyish
Alisa Wolfson
Mar. 11, 2018

Why you should stop using the word ‘if’, ask more ‘how’ questions, and more

Agreeing to disagree isn’t always an option.

Any parent knows that getting kids to pick up their toys, take a bath and finish their homework are tasks that often entail hefty negotiations. And when it comes to eating dinner, a recent survey conducted by Heinz revealed that 62% of parents say they actually negotiate with their kids to get them to eat. (Heinz says that ketchup helps the issue — and NPD Group found that kids across America eat ketchup more than 3 billion times a year — and is giving away free backup bottles of ketchup during the month of March for every bottle purchased.)

More... https://moneyish.com/heart/fbi-and-nypd-negotiators-reveal-the-secrets-to-getting-your-kids-to-behave/

Offline Suppressed

...and then knowing when to take the headshot.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My wife's parents were gentle. Kids didn't have to eat anything they didn't like. They got good, authentic Italian food prepared by an expert from the old country.

In my family you ate what was put on your plate, period. I remember sitting for hours, with a plate of cold food which I refused to eat. Brussel Sprouts. Ugh.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
My wife's parents were gentle. Kids didn't have to eat anything they didn't like. They got good, authentic Italian food prepared by an expert from the old country.

In my family you ate what was put on your plate, period. I remember sitting for hours, with a plate of cold food which I refused to eat. Brussel Sprouts. Ugh.

@truth_seeker If your parents had listened to the man in the article, they would have used ketchup to get you to eat everything.  This guy seriously has a deal with Heinz ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Polly Ticks

Brussel Sprouts. Ugh.

I am not a picky eater at all, but Brussel sprouts are one thing I refuse to put into my mouth.  Brussel sprouts are little, bitter pieces of hate.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online libertybele

I am not a picky eater at all, but Brussel sprouts are one thing I refuse to put into my mouth.  Brussel sprouts are little, bitter pieces of hate.

I agree.  Brussel sprouts are the one food I refuse to eat. True story:

As a teenager I was at my friends house for dinner.  She was #5 out of 6 children and we were all gathered around the table.  I sat across from one of her brothers.  The formidable brussel sprouts were passed down to me.  I had never had them, so I put some on my plate.  I bit into one and those little round green things were so awful I couldn't swallow.  Her brother started laughing as soon as he realized I couldn't swallow and stared down at the floor so no one saw him laughing. I looked around to see if anyone else had noticed and quickly spit the brussell sprout into a napkin and then managed to put all of them into the napkin and went into the bathroom to discard them.  When I came back everyone was laughing as her brother had spilled the beans.  Definitely one of the more embarrassing times in my life!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.