Author Topic: Two Opposing Black Views of America  (Read 737 times)

rangerrebew

Two Opposing Black Views of America
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:28:11 am »
March 10, 2018
Two Opposing Black Views of America
By Lloyd Marcus

I had a fascinating phone conversation with a black longtime friend.  Though we've had passionate political clashes over the years, including periods of not speaking, we remain friends.  He is a clergyman and college professor in his 70s.

While discussing black movies Fences, Get Out, and Black Panther, my friend said something outrageous.  He said it is impossible for a white person in America not to be racist because racism is entwined in all things American.  Folks, he sincerely believes his absurd view of America.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/03/two_opposing_black_views_of_america.html#ixzz59LPszTkk

Offline goatprairie

Re: Two Opposing Black Views of America
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 03:10:30 pm »
I have heard and read from more than a few blacks in prominent positions on tv, politics, and elsewhere that every aspect of American life is governed by race.
Yes, old, white  Mrs.Smith tending her garden in Minot, N.D. is consumed by thoughts of race and how to do evil things to black people as she grows her vegetables and flowers.
How are you supposed to reason with people who think that way?  Simple answer: you can't. They believe they're being oppressed by Evil Whitey, and no amount of facts are going to dissuade them from that belief.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 03:32:01 pm »
I was listening to Dennis Prager years ago when someone called in and asked him what the greatest sin was.  After much thought, he said something along the lines of it was feeling victimized (I don't remember the exact words, just paraphrasing). 

He went on to explain that the idea that you have been wronged allows people to justify all sorts of bad actions.  "I've been wronged, so now I'm going to even the score, level the playing field", whatever.  I think you can make a good case for that argument.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 03:44:56 pm »
I'm tired of the leftist black community. They're still fighting slavery and Jim Crow 50 years past the death of MLK, with outrageous tinfoil conspiracy theories that make Alex Jones look like amateur little league.

Meanwhile, we have hundreds of ethnic groups from dozens of countries here in this nation now, which makes the whole black 'civil rights' movement look ridiculously out-of-touch.

Which swerves us into the truth. The real agenda of the 'black community' is one thing and one thing only - to assert and maintain their status as the top dog minority group, in hopes of further grifting and fleecing money from the US taxpayer via social programs. That is it, that is all, and nothing else.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 04:06:01 pm »
I'm tired of the leftist black community. They're still fighting slavery and Jim Crow 50 years past the death of MLK, with outrageous tinfoil conspiracy theories that make Alex Jones look like amateur little league.

Meanwhile, we have hundreds of ethnic groups from dozens of countries here in this nation now, which makes the whole black 'civil rights' movement look ridiculously out-of-touch.

Which swerves us into the truth. The real agenda of the 'black community' is one thing and one thing only - to assert and maintain their status as the top dog minority group, in hopes of further grifting and fleecing money from the US taxpayer via social programs. That is it, that is all, and nothing else.

There's a lot of truth in there.  That's why I have to laugh when I hear people touting the improving black employment numbers.  Too many blacks in today's world don't want stupid jobs!  As long as we have too many blacks that are more interested in collecting "reparations" than working, the chasm will never close.  Blacks will always play the victim card to curry favor with other blacks, and whites will resent being ripped off while working hard.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 04:06:35 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 04:22:48 pm »
I was listening to Dennis Prager years ago when someone called in and asked him what the greatest sin was.  After much thought, he said something along the lines of it was feeling victimized (I don't remember the exact words, just paraphrasing). 

He went on to explain that the idea that you have been wronged allows people to justify all sorts of bad actions.  "I've been wronged, so now I'm going to even the score, level the playing field", whatever.  I think you can make a good case for that argument.

Exhibit A: Hitler and the Versailles Treaty

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 04:24:11 pm »
The bottom line is, the United States in the LEAST racist country on the planet....and it isn't even close.

But it's also the country where using race is the most lucrative.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 04:24:23 pm »
Exhibit A: Hitler and the Versailles Treaty

Yes, I started typing that one, and then decided I didn't want to bring Hitler up.  But, you are exactly right!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 04:37:53 pm »
I have heard and read from more than a few blacks in prominent positions on tv, politics, and elsewhere that every aspect of American life is governed by race.
Yes, old, white  Mrs.Smith tending her garden in Minot, N.D. is consumed by thoughts of race and how to do evil things to black people as she grows her vegetables and flowers.
How are you supposed to reason with people who think that way?  Simple answer: you can't. They believe they're being oppressed by Evil Whitey, and no amount of facts are going to dissuade them from that belief.

Democrats - formerly the party of slavery - have for decades traded on race hate for their own gain and aggrandizement.

The honest personal efforts of most Americans to right past wrongs has been all for naught, thanks to the contemporary political system.

We can thank democrats, for the most part, directly for poisoning the well of race relations in this country for the foreseeable future.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 11:11:03 pm »

It's funny -- many, even most countries in the world, foster hatreds based on events that happened hundreds of years ago.  People still physically battle over a war fought in 1480, a religious succession from 700 AD, changes in European borders back in 1850, etc., etc., etc. 

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect a group of people here who only gained the right to vote @60 years ago, to completely forget slights real and perceived.  I just don't think it's human nature.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 11:28:44 pm »
It's funny -- many, even most countries in the world, foster hatreds based on events that happened hundreds of years ago.  People still physically battle over a war fought in 1480, a religious succession from 700 AD, changes in European borders back in 1850, etc., etc., etc. 

I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect a group of people here who only gained the right to vote @60 years ago, to completely forget slights real and perceived.  I just don't think it's human nature.
In my opinion race relations in America were better during the 1960s and 70s than they are today. (Black culture had not yet taken a drop, with Johnson's Great Society cradle-to-grave welfare mentality in the ghetto, crime, single parent families, etc.).

While serving in the US Army in Germany in the early 70s, I was appointed co-chair of a study group of young enlisted men. Affirmative action had just begun having impacts.

My ancestors had no slaves, and fought to free them. My debt was repaid long, long ago.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2018, 11:30:53 pm »
In my opinion race relations in America were better during the 1960s and 70s than they are today. (Black culture had not yet taken a drop, with Johnson's Great Society cradle-to-grave welfare mentality in the ghetto, crime, single parent families, etc.).

While serving in the US Army in Germany in the early 70s, I was appointed co-chair of a study group of young enlisted men. Affirmative action had just begun having impacts.

My ancestors had no slaves, and fought to free them. My debt was repaid long, long ago.

I think you might be right, at least based on what I've read and experiences from folks like you all.  It's very sad. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 11:39:16 pm »

If it weren't for the fact that it all seems a smokescreen to get more money out of the govt, and stay at the top of the minority heap, I'd take it more seriously. In the end it's all a con game.
The Republic is lost.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 11:52:36 pm »
One of the worst features of the black subculture is bad churches.  Jeremiah Wright is merely the worst of the many hucksters in black pulpits. 

Offline the_doc

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2018, 11:57:25 pm »
One of the worst features of the black subculture is bad churches.  Jeremiah Wright is merely the worst of the many hucksters in black pulpits.

FULL DISCLOSURE:  I think a lot of "white churches" have pretty lousy pastors, too.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 12:16:21 am »

And Louis Farrakhan ;(.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 12:51:26 am »

Northern blacks were voting after the Civil War. The great migration of blacks from the south to the north occurred during and after WWII.  All those millions of blacks who migrated north for better working conditions also gained the right to vote without restrictions.
It was only down south where black voting rights were severely restricted.