Author Topic: Ex-British Spy Knew Who Funded Dossier; FBI Told Secret Court Something Different  (Read 699 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-British Spy Knew Who Funded Dossier; FBI Told Secret Court Something Different
The revelation could have profound implications for the FBI
 Sara Carter March 8, 2018

Former British spy Christopher Steele was informed months after accepting the job to compile a dossier on then-candidate Donald J. Trump that the Hillary Clinton Campaign and the Democratic National Committee were paying the bills but that’s not what the FBI told the secret FISA court when it sought a warrant to spy on one of Trump’s campaign volunteers.

This bit of explosive information was revealed in an expose on Steele by The New Yorker’s Jane Mayer but the implications for the FBI are profound. Why? Because the bureau explicitly stated in its Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Application to the secret court that Steele was unaware of who backed Fusion GPS, the firm which hired him, for the research.

more
https://saraacarter.com/ex-british-spy-knew-who-funded-dossier-fbi-told-secret-court-something-different/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I just heard a long interview with Jane Mayer, in which she stated that Steele did NOT know it was the Clinton campaign.  He knew it was a political interest and that he'd been hired by a law firm. 

I'll look for the pertinent quotes.  But based on the basics, I'd say Sara Carter is incorrect.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I just heard a long interview with Jane Mayer, in which she stated that Steele did NOT know it was the Clinton campaign.  He knew it was a political interest and that he'd been hired by a law firm. 

I'll look for the pertinent quotes.  But based on the basics, I'd say Sara Carter is incorrect.

Sara Carter has a very good record on these subjects. She is doing the old school investigative journalism, that is not being done by the major media.

Steele knew that what he was doing, was intended to disrupt our election. He took the money.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline anubias

Jane Mayer is FOS.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sara Carter has a very good record on these subjects. She is doing the old school investigative journalism, that is not being done by the major media.

Steele knew that what he was doing, was intended to disrupt our election. He took the money.

Agree with both points.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Ok, I just reread both the New Yorker article and the Carter article.  What she says is factually incorrect.  Here’s why:

Steele was hired in April 2016 by a law firm working for political actors.  He was no told whom.  He submitted the dossier to the law firm in June 2016 and to the FBI in July 2016.  He still did not know who his client was.  He learned months LATER, after his work had been completed, for whom he’d been working.

The FBI submitted the dossier to the FISA court in October 2016.   They stated CORRECTLY that when Steele was putting together the dossier, he did not know who his client was.  That is TRUE; Steele only learned “months later” AFTER his work was finished and had been given to the law firm.

Sara Carter is demonstrably wrong. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.