Author Topic: Diets high in saturated fat contribute to anxiety and depression, new research finds  (Read 434 times)

rangerrebew

Diets high in saturated fat contribute to anxiety and depression, new research finds

Thursday, March 08, 2018 by: Jessica Dolores   

(Natural News) Ever wondered why you feel anxious and depressed, even on a day that’s sunny and bright?

Chances are, you ate something bad for your health. Your breakfast may have contained no-nos like excess saturated fat from fatty beef, lamb, pork, poultry with skin, beef fat (tallow), lard and cream, butter, cheese and other dairy products made from whole or reduced-fat milk. You may have also gorged on baked gods and fried food.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-03-08-diets-high-saturated-fat-anxiety-depression-new-research.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Right. We all need to go vegan. Thanks but no thanks.

Offline skeeter

If your diet is high in saturated fat you're probably overweight.

Overweigh people tend to be unhappy that they're overweight.

Cause & effect.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I ain't no mouse.

I'll stay on my good ole highly saturated fat diet, if you please.

I stopped believing all these studies when they came out and said that eating meat cooked over an open fire was bad for you.

And I'm not overweight. I just eat until I'm satisfied, but not full.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:10:48 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I call BS.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ever wondered why you feel anxious and depressed, even on a day that’s sunny and bright?

Chances are, you ate something bad for your health. Your breakfast may have contained no-nos like excess saturated fat from fatty beef, lamb, pork, poultry with skin, beef fat (tallow), lard and cream, butter, cheese and other dairy products made from whole or reduced-fat milk.

In typical NaturalNews fashion, the story deliberately downplays the real culprit: sugar. Usually when I'm having bad mood swings it's because I was on a sugar high earlier in the day or the day before and am coming down off of it. This alleged study is flawed in that it lumped fat and sugar together, without separating the variables.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

As a species we evolved eating saturated fat, cooked over an open flame, and without access to a globalized network of food distribution providing us with arugula mid-winter.

It is true however that we are out of balance with nature. Our ancestors had to expend many kilocalories gathering and hunting food. Today we simply tear open a bag of Cheetos or have Chinese delivered; calorie consumed: 1500, calorie expended: three.

That’s how we have gotten fat and depressed.

Offline anubias

I enjoy my saturated fats, thank you.  I no longer pay any attention to the latest “It’s bad for you!” fad as I am old enough to have seen the latest fad come full circle many times.

I eat what I want without guilt or worry.  The food police can go hang themselves.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
My breakfast usually contains a fiber cereal.

Tomorrow it will be eggs and sausage gravy biscuits at the Ruritans fundraiser.
Countdown to Resignation