Author Topic: Sex to boost film career is 'not rape': Weinstein lawyer  (Read 996 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sex to boost film career is 'not rape': Weinstein lawyer
« on: March 08, 2018, 03:16:22 pm »
AFP•March 3, 2018

London (AFP) - Harvey Weinstein's lawyer said Saturday a woman having sex with a Hollywood producer to advance her career is "not rape", in a British newspaper interview on the eve of the Oscars.

Ben Brafman is one of the US' top criminal defence attorneys, hired by the disgraced Hollywood mogul whose career is in tatters following accusations of sexual harassment, assault and rape.

More than 100 women have accused Weinstein of impropriety going back 40 years, but Brafman argued there was no criminal behaviour.

"If a woman decides that she needs to have sex with a Hollywood producer to advance her career and actually does it and finds the whole thing offensive, that's not rape," he told The Times.

"You made a conscious decision that you're willing to do something that is personally offensive in order to advance your career," he added.

more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sex-boost-film-career-not-rape-weinstein-lawyer-111855993.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Sex to boost film career is 'not rape': Weinstein lawyer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 07:07:05 pm »
AFP•March 3, 2018

London (AFP) - Harvey Weinstein's lawyer said Saturday a woman having sex with a Hollywood producer to advance her career is "not rape", in a British newspaper interview on the eve of the Oscars.

[...] More than 100 women have accused Weinstein of impropriety going back 40 years, but Brafman argued there was no criminal behaviour.

Huh.  I thought prostitution was still illegal in California.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 02:36:49 am »
Interesting defense strategy.

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 02:45:46 am »
It was just a business deal... When you are as rich as this guy is and a liberal, money doesn't have a lot of value. So he traded in things he valued... That's the ticket...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 03:19:54 am »
"You made a conscious decision that you're willing to do something that is personally offensive in order to advance your career," he added.

Wow.  The #MeToo gals are going to bat sh^t nuts.

It is an interesting line of defense --- won't work, but it's interesting none-the-less.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 03:48:25 am »
Beyond the entertainment field, I wonder to what extent the same things have taken place in our society over the last 75 years?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline anubias

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 06:07:19 am »
It would work if I was on the jury.  Women that prostitute themselves can’t scream rape 20 years later.  It’s not rape if they didn’t say “No!”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 11:46:55 am »
Beyond the entertainment field, I wonder to what extent the same things have taken place in our society over the last 75 years?

I wonder if Matt Lauer's heard of this line of defense.  @truth_seeker

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 01:34:44 am »
            How I long for the old days when TV stars didn't sleep with each other.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.