Author Topic: Alan Keyes: Trump's 'genius' – most evident when he's 'mouthing off'?  (Read 236 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump's 'genius' – most evident when he's 'mouthing off'?
By Alan Keyes
March 6, 2018

"I went from VERY successful businessman, to top TV star...to president of the United States (on my first try)," Mr. Trump said, referring to his "Apprentice" TV show and his real-estate empire. "I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius...and a very stable genius at that!" ("Trump...says he's a very 'stable genius'"

)

"You have to do something very decisive. Number one, you can take the guns away immediately from people that you can adjudge easily are mentally ill, like this guy. You know, the police saw that he was a problem.... I think they should have taken them away anyway, whether they had the right or not...take the firearms first, and then go to court.... t takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early.... So, you could do exactly what you're saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second." (President Trump during White House meeting on gun- control policy with congressional leaders.)

At the end of the report last quoted above, Ben Shapiro writes: "So yes, this is Trump just mouthing off. But it proves once again that on matters of governing philosophy, Trump is no conservative." Unfortunately, the notion that President Trump is "just mouthing off" is precisely what gives people permission to react viscerally to his words, with no comprehension of what they imply for the people of the United States, whom he is now supposed to represent.

Read more at: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/keyes/180306