Author Topic: Capitol Police: 87 arrested in DACA protests  (Read 395 times)

rangerrebew

Capitol Police: 87 arrested in DACA protests
« on: March 07, 2018, 11:37:03 am »

By Kristin Wilson, CNN
Updated 6:44 PM ET, Mon March 5, 2018

(CNN)Capitol Police arrested 87 protesters demonstrating in support of an expiring immigration program Monday, authorities told reporters, organized around a symbolic deadline for the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

There were two demonstrations on Capitol Hill. Police say 68 people were arrested in a protest that blocked traffic near the Capitol, at Independence and New Jersey avenues. The protesters there chained themselves together and lay down in the street.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/politics/daca-protests-arrests/index.html

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Capitol Police: 87 arrested in DACA protests
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 06:31:04 am »

By Kristin Wilson, CNN
Updated 6:44 PM ET, Mon March 5, 2018

(CNN)Capitol Police arrested 87 protesters demonstrating in support of an expiring immigration program Monday, authorities told reporters, organized around a symbolic deadline for the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

There were two demonstrations on Capitol Hill. Police say 68 people were arrested in a protest that blocked traffic near the Capitol, at Independence and New Jersey avenues. The protesters there chained themselves together and lay down in the street.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/politics/daca-protests-arrests/index.html

I wonder how many are deportable.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.