Author Topic: Study: Tough gun laws keep more hands off the trigger  (Read 8623 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: Study: Tough gun laws keep more hands off the trigger
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2018, 01:02:34 am »
Went out this evening for a few hours among the good people if the town I live in...not once did the .45 I was carrying concealed try to jump off my hip and shoot anyone wild west style.

I doubt anyone even knew I had it on me.

Funny how that happens.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:02:54 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2018, 01:32:53 am »
Went out this evening for a few hours among the good people if the town I live in...not once did the .45 I was carrying concealed try to jump off my hip and shoot anyone wild west style.

I doubt anyone even knew I had it on me.

Funny how that happens.

He ain't pickin up what you're layin down.  :shrug:
I can't talk to em. Can't interpret, can't translate.
Closest I can come is a few Kid Rock songs.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2018, 01:42:07 am »
Every city in the US that has a high crime rate also has tight gun control laws.   Coincidence?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2018, 01:46:47 am »
Every city in the US that has a high crime rate also has tight gun control laws.   Coincidence?

Liberals will claim the gun laws are tough because the crime is high.  Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2018, 07:25:55 am »
Well, as for motor vehicles,  I'd like to see similar requirements for licensure, registration and insurance applied to firearms.   As for the other items,  let's address the most frequently-used "tools" for deadly violence first,  then let's talk about the others.   
The most consistent tool used in murder, regardless, is the human hand. No matter what is wielded by that hand, that hand is acting on behalf of a criminal or otherwise deranged mind to kill someone, regardless of what (if anything) it is holding. Ban hands, and people will still find a way. (yes, hands AND feet are lumped together in the uniform crime statistics as weapons used to inflict blunt force trauma).

Once again, you and those of your ilk ignore the instances where the mere presence of a firearm prevented death, instances which far outnumber the cases where tools were misused by people to cause unjustified homicide (firearm shooting deaths include those shot while perpetrating crimes, too, iirc).

If the interest is in saving lives, you go with what works best, and we have that except in areas where firearms are needlessly banned to create free fire zones for criminals.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2018, 07:28:36 am »
Liberals will claim the gun laws are tough because the crime is high.  Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
The typical Liberal claim given when they want to double down on failed or ineffective policy is "Just imagine how much worse it would have been if we hadn't....(add SNAFU policy here)".
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:29:00 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2018, 07:42:01 am »
Well, as for motor vehicles,  I'd like to see similar requirements for licensure, registration and insurance applied to firearms.   As for the other items,  let's address the most frequently-used "tools" for deadly violence first,  then let's talk about the others.   

Well the simple truth is a FAR greater number of people are murdered and injured by knives. Lets regulate, serialize, register and require insurance for knives. Someone could steal one of your knives and hurt someone with it. And you should be held liable for the damage caused by such a knife if you fail to report it stolen before it is used in a crime. With all the damage knives cause you should be required to store them in a locked safe so children and untrained people can't get access to them when not in use.

Thinking about it, we also need to ban assault knives. Regulate how sharp and how pointed any blade can be for safety reasons. No normal person needs a blade that sharp and if they do they should get proper training, a background check, get tested on proper handling and provide proof of insurance before taking possession. There should also be limits on how many knives you can have to prevent mass casualties.

You must do it for the children. If it saves just one life...

Yes, I'm mocking you...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:58:20 am by DB »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2018, 08:10:16 am »
Well the simple truth is a FAR greater number of people are murdered and injured by knives. Lets regulate, serialize, register and require insurance for knives. Someone could steal one of your knives and hurt someone with it. And you should be held liable for the damage caused by such a knife if you fail to report it stolen before it is used in a crime. With all the damage knives cause you should be required to store them in a locked safe so children and untrained people can't get access to them when not in use.

Thinking about it, we also need to ban assault knives. Regulate how sharp and how pointed any blade can be for safety reasons. No normal person needs a blade that sharp and if they do they should get proper training, a background check, get tested on proper handling and provide proof of insurance before taking possession. There should also be limits on how many knives you can have to prevent mass casualties.

You must do it for the children. If it saves just one life...

Yes, I'm mocking you...
You left out ice picks and screwdrivers....

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2018, 02:03:48 pm »
The most consistent tool used in murder, regardless, is the human hand. No matter what is wielded by that hand, that hand is acting on behalf of a criminal or otherwise deranged mind to kill someone, regardless of what (if anything) it is holding. Ban hands, and people will still find a way. (yes, hands AND feet are lumped together in the uniform crime statistics as weapons used to inflict blunt force trauma).

Once again, you and those of your ilk ignore the instances where the mere presence of a firearm prevented death, instances which far outnumber the cases where tools were misused by people to cause unjustified homicide (firearm shooting deaths include those shot while perpetrating crimes, too, iirc).

If the interest is in saving lives, you go with what works best, and we have that except in areas where firearms are needlessly banned to create free fire zones for criminals.

With the high crime rates in Louisville and the problems with drugs...especially opioids in Kentuckiana...any place where there is one or more people carting concealed is much safer and less likely to be attacked than if we weren't there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2018, 03:36:01 pm »
With the high crime rates in Louisville and the problems with drugs...especially opioids in Kentuckiana...any place where there is one or more people carting concealed is much safer and less likely to be attacked than if we weren't there.
North Dakota is generally pretty well armed, and concealed carry is common. Crime, even with the uptick in new arrivals from the oil boom has stayed fairly low compared to other places. As for feeling safe, why yes, I do when I have my weapon with me.

C S Lewis