Author Topic: Primaries Start With Democrat Push in Texas  (Read 1016 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Primaries Start With Democrat Push in Texas
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:49:03 pm »
Tuesday, 06 Mar 2018 09:33 AM

The 2018 U.S. primary elections kick off on Tuesday in Texas, where Democrats hope record-high levels of early voter midterm turnout and anger over President Donald Trump’s policies will help them flip congressional seats from Republican control.

Democratic turnout in the state's largest 15 counties hit 465,245 in early voting, according to the Texas secretary of state. That was double the party's early voting totals for the 2014 midterm election and surpassed the 420,329 people who voted early in this year's Republican nominating contest.

Texas Democrats, however, have not won a statewide race for posts such as governor or U.S. senator for more than two decades, and analysts expect Republican turnout to top that of Democrats on Election Day in a state where Republicans outnumbered Democrats in 2014 primary votes by a more than two-to-one margin.

more
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/primaries-democrats-texas/2018/03/06/id/846980/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Primaries Start With Democrat Push in Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 02:51:46 pm »
Texas Democrats, however, have not won a statewide race for posts such as governor or U.S. senator for more than two decades...

And that trend will continue! Once you get out of those urban areas the article is speaking about, the numbers are VERY different.  In my county for example, we had just short of 4,000 vote early and less than 300 of them voted in the Democrat primary.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:54:19 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 03:06:07 pm »
@mystery-ak

After today's election, I will check Texas Democrat and Republican voting numbers state wide and some "always" Republican counties to see if they are flipping as in more Democrats voting than Republicans for the first time in twenty years. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 03:19:16 pm »
@mystery-ak

After today's election, I will check Texas Democrat and Republican voting numbers state wide and some "always" Republican counties to see if they are flipping as in more Democrats voting than Republicans for the first time in twenty years.

I am anxious to see that.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34