Author Topic: Trump is his own worst enemy  (Read 462 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump is his own worst enemy
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:25:11 pm »
Trump is his own worst enemy
by Noemie Emery | Mar 6, 2018, 12:01 AM

An autoimmune disease or condition is one in which the body’s defenses turn on its own tissues, causing malfunction or weakness, and leading to illness or death.

It is tempting to think that in relation to politics, President Trump has one or even is one in person, as the only politician thus far who has been able to ding or defeat him has been none other than himself. No sooner does he say something gracious, do something well, or comport himself well enough that his approval ratings start to inch its way up from its normal low standing, then he arrests its momentum and sends it back down.

Normally, a president has to do something wrong to earn the disapproval that Trump has aroused in the populace — lose a war, cause a recession, or try to pass a very unpopular healthcare reform bill, as did former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton — but Trump has done none of these. Most of his policies have not been unsuccessful. Islamic State is gone, Korea is holding, the economy is booming (or was, until he started to talk about tariffs).

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-is-his-own-worst-enemy/article/2650679
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Trump is his own worst enemy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 02:40:13 pm »

She errs in claiming Trump creates dissensions where none had existed. Where has she been?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 02:47:48 pm »
Why Dems would want to remove Trump is beyond me.  He would be replaced by Pence who is more conservative and more likely to do conservative things. I don't think Pence would be publicly criticizing his cabinet members or the NRA, or trying to start a trade war with tariffs.
And, of course, Pence would be trying to unite the Republican Party rather than creating divisions.
Moral of story: Dems should be careful what they wish for, they just might get it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 03:18:25 pm »
She errs in claiming Trump creates dissensions where none had existed. Where has she been?

Apparently somewhere other than this planet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 03:19:59 pm »
Why Dems would want to remove Trump is beyond me.  He would be replaced by Pence who is more conservative and more likely to do conservative things. I don't think Pence would be publicly criticizing his cabinet members or the NRA, or trying to start a trade war with tariffs.
And, of course, Pence would be trying to unite the Republican Party rather than creating divisions.
Moral of story: Dems should be careful what they wish for, they just might get it.

It ain't just dems my friend!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 03:23:35 pm »
She's right.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 05:24:04 pm »
I agree that Trump (and his Administration staff) are their own worst enemy.  I’ve repeatedly identified self-inflicted wound after self-inflicted wound by this Administration:  from the consistent lies/falsehoods/misleadings/distractions to the petty squabbles to the childish nicknames.  This President has consistently stepped on his own Administration’s message.   Look at tax reform:  the President seems to be determined to even step on that by discussing the possibility of an additional gas tax as well as steel and aluminum tariffs.

I believe even the length and depth of the Russia Investigation is largely self-inflicted by the Administration due to the “forgotten” meetings, the inaccurate security forms, the “love it” e-mail from Don Jr., the misleading statement about the meeting in Trump Tower, the firing of Comey, etc.  All of these things extended the Russia Investigation IMO.  Without these things, I truly believe the Russia investigation would have probably been over months ago.  Yup, their own worst enemy.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 05:30:16 pm »
Normally, a president has to do something wrong to earn the disapproval that Trump has aroused in the populace — lose a war, cause a recession, or try to pass a very unpopular healthcare reform bill, as did former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton — but Trump has done none of these. Most of his policies have not been unsuccessful. Islamic State is gone, Korea is holding, the economy is booming (or was, until he started to talk about tariffs).

Someone should inform this hack that no other President has had the MSM slamming him since before he was President with 91% negative press. For crying out loud the MSM went wall to wall yesterday with some guy no one ever heard of, who was visibly drunk, just to slam Trump. Anyone tell what the news value of that is?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 06:15:41 pm »
The Left's narratives frequently involve a terrible crisis that is happening somewhere else. A place where you cannot see it.  See Global Warming.

So Trump is causing this "crisis" that no one really feels.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 06:16:19 pm »
Someone should inform this hack that no other President has had the MSM slamming him since before he was President with 91% negative press. For crying out loud the MSM went wall to wall yesterday with some guy no one ever heard of, who was visibly drunk, just to slam Trump. Anyone tell what the news value of that is?

Especially after the Press worked so hard to help him win the primary
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 06:19:47 pm »
Especially after the Press worked so hard to help him win the primary

LOL. Yeah right. They mocked him like a circus clown. They all thought Hitlary had a lock on the WH. Know how I know? All the stunned MSM faces election night.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2018, 10:39:01 pm »
LOL. Yeah right. They mocked him like a circus clown.

Well, to be fair, he is a circus clown.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 10:50:44 pm »
Well, to be fair, he is a circus clown.

That's President Circus Clown to you pal.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 12:38:52 am »
That's President Circus Clown to you pal.

yeahwhatever...
 :beer:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 07:15:37 am »

Honestly, I would prefer Pence because I think he's morally and intellectually consistent.  I'd be much less worried about him going off half-cocked.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.