Author Topic: Why the Left Won’t Win the Gun-Control Debate  (Read 1450 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Why the Left Won’t Win the Gun-Control Debate
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 06:20:36 pm »
I'd be satisfied if he could leave Switzerland to Switzerlandians, and America to Americans but leftists never want to do that, which is why they can't stop crying for Socialized Medicine here.

My grandparents immigrated here from Switzerland.  Anymore they are trying to keep the riff-raff out.  Jazzy wouldn't be welcome.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 06:24:59 pm »
I've been reading this weekend about the extensive system of licensure and registration that exists in Switzerland,  a country like ourselves that enjoys the shooting sports and where many keep guns for protection.   There, gun culture flourishes within a structure of registration and lawful, documented transfers.   We should insist on nothing less here.

@Jazzhead This highlighted statement is why you, me, and just about everybody else on TBR will forever be at loggerheads on this issue.  No matter how much you desire it, and thirst for it, The US of A will never be "the same" as any European country.  There is a reason we're over here, and they are over there.  I am sorry, but if you can't grasp this basic fact then it's to the eternal shame of whoever taught you US history.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 06:26:55 pm »
Is it just illogical, or Hoplophobia?  Aren't "phobias" defined as irrational fears?

Right. As an example, a similar investment in fertilizer and ammonia could do (and has done) far more damage - yet there is no hue and cry to register every bag of fertilizer and every bottle of ammonia. And those two things are far more ubiquitous.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 07:16:09 pm »
@Jazzhead This highlighted statement is why you, me, and just about everybody else on TBR will forever be at loggerheads on this issue.  No matter how much you desire it, and thirst for it, The US of A will never be "the same" as any European country.  There is a reason we're over here, and they are over there.  I am sorry, but if you can't grasp this basic fact then it's to the eternal shame of whoever taught you US history.

Oh, don't patronize me.   The frontier closed a century ago,  and those who taught me history taught me respect for the rule of law and the Constitutional Republic that guarantees our natural rights, including the right to "self preservation".    What they didn't teach was this cockamamie nonsense that we are obliged to harbor secret stores of guns and ammo to defend against the King's men,  when we've enjoy the rule of law and self-governance for over two centuries now.    Put away your paranoia - they're not coming for your guns.   *****rollingeyes*****  But we do want you to stop being selfish and claiming special dispensation from common sense and basic responsibility.

A regime of registration and lawful documentation of gun transfers - like the Swiss have - is both compatible with gun culture and necessary to address the reality of a nation awash in 400-plus million guns and some of the highest rates of gun violence in the world, certainly among nations that are objectively "peaceable".

Drivers are responsible, through taxes and licensure and registration and insurance, for helping to maintain the system that permits them to enjoy the freedom of the road.   It is no different for gun owners.    The 2A does not grant them the right to a free ride from responsibility.   Their freedom imposes costs on the community,  and submitting to licensure and registration like the Swiss require is a small price to pay to enjoy the shooting sports.   

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:24:12 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2018, 07:20:38 pm »
Why the Left Won’t Win the Gun-Control Debate

Ahem.... uhmmmmmmm, the Left does not 'debate'.  They indoctrinate, shame, ridicule and inflict.

They do not debate.

CIP; our resident Leftist.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 07:24:38 pm »

Ahem.... uhmmmmmmm, the Left does not 'debate'.  They indoctrinate, shame, ridicule and inflict.

They do not debate.

CIP; our resident Leftist.

@INVAR

As an example, have a gander at the browbeating going on the the post immediately above yours.  Such preening is nauseating.  What a piece of work.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »

And punks like you threaten the peaceable community. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2018, 07:26:06 pm »
But it is flippin'  crazy that we have over 400 miilion unregistered firearms,  any of which be transferred in an undocumented transaction.

Do know, we enjoy thinking about the abject fear you have about aforementioned weapons being pointed square at idiots like you attempting to impose more of your registration, licensing and confiscation bullshit.

Licensure.   Registration.  All transfers documented.  If is it good enough for Switzerland, it is good enough for here.

Pound sand pal. It's not gonna happen.

Not unless you want that war.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2018, 07:26:10 pm »

Yours is not the peaceable community.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2018, 07:26:42 pm »

Come do something about it.

I'm waiting.

Leftist...punk

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2018, 07:27:14 pm »
Oh, don't patronize me.   The frontier closed a century ago,  and those who taught me history taught me respect for the rule of law and the Constitutional Republic that guarantees our natural rights, including the right to "self preservation".    What they didn't teach was this cockamamie nonsense that we are obliged to harbor secret stores of guns and ammo to defend against the King's men,  when we've enjoy the rule of law and self-governance for over two centuries now.    Put away your paranoia - they're not coming for your guns.   *****rollingeyes*****  But we do want you to stop being selfish and claiming special dispensation from common sense and basic responsibility.

A regime of registration and lawful documentation of gun transfers - like the Swiss have - is both compatible with gun culture and necessary to address the reality of a nation awash in 400-plus million guns and some of the highest rates of gun violence in the world, certainly among nations that are objectively "peaceable".

Drivers are responsible, through taxes and licensure and registration and insurance, for helping to maintain the system that permits them to enjoy the freedom of the road.   It is no different for gun owners.    The 2A does not grant them the right to a free ride from responsibility.   Their freedom imposes costs on the community,  and submitting to licensure and registration like the Swiss require is a small price to pay to enjoy the shooting sports.   

I (and many others) have refuted the quoted passage many times.  You are simply ignoring the many posts, and mindlessly repeating your talking points.  You remind me of the Monty Python sketch "Argument Clinic,"  You are the fellow behind the desk ("No I'm not!!")
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2018, 07:28:01 pm »
@INVAR

As an example, have a gander at the browbeating going on the the post immediately above yours.  Such preening is nauseating.  What a piece of work.

But no substantive response.   Just name-calling.   Better a piece of work than an empty glass such as yourself.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2018, 07:29:13 pm »
But no substantive response.   Just name-calling.   Better a piece of work than an empty glass such as yourself.    *****rollingeyes*****

Empty glass now.  One more for my "list of honor."  Thanks!

Added:  I explained in my post above yours why I don't bother giving you responses.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:29:55 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2018, 07:29:23 pm »
@INVAR

Asshats like Jazzy simply need to be told that we're done talking with them.

We will use our arms as intended against the imposition of tyranny that Jazzhead advocates here on a daily basis.

That is all he needs to know. 

He will be responsible for lending his hands to watering the Tree of Liberty.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2018, 07:30:21 pm »
I (and many others) have refuted the quoted passage many times.  You are simply ignoring the many posts, and mindlessly repeating your talking points.  You remind me of the Monty Python sketch "Argument Clinic,"  You are the fellow behind the desk ("No I'm not!!")

The predicate clause,sir, the predicate clause.  You wish it away.  But it's still there. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2018, 07:32:09 pm »

We will use our arms as intended against the imposition of tyranny that Jazzhead advocates here on a daily basis.

That is all he needs to know. 

Punk.  And profoundly un-American.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2018, 07:32:46 pm »
My grandparents immigrated here from Switzerland.  Anymore they are trying to keep the riff-raff out.  Jazzy wouldn't be welcome.

I think the only places Jazzy would be welcome are San Fran and Bar Harbor Maine.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2018, 07:40:41 pm »
But we do want you to stop being selfish and claiming special dispensation from common sense and basic responsibility.

It is you being selfish - imposing your your crap on all of us, when it doesn't even work where you are, and disrupt our lives where no problem exists.

You don't speak for hardly anyone outside of metropolises.Y'all shit where you eat, and then blame us for your crime.

Quit falsely claiming suicide as 'gun violence' and those high rates plummet. Omit gang violence (whose guns will not be affected, as already proven where y'all are) and 'gun violence' is nearly inconsequential.

So, Bullshit.

'shooting sports' is not the point. The swiss do not hunt for subsistence. The swiss do not have vast ranch lands farmlands, and wildernesses.

And you will get ZERO compliance, no matter what you think is right or wrong.
You flatly do not know what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 07:41:54 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2018, 07:41:37 pm »
The predicate clause,sir, the predicate clause.  You wish it away.  But it's still there.

Exhibit A in why I don't bother explaining shit to you anymore.  I already told you.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2018, 07:43:23 pm »

Only you have the stupidity to call Thomas Jefferson "un-American."
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2018, 07:44:17 pm »
I think the only places Jazzy would be welcome are San Fran and Bar Harbor Maine.

Been to the 1st cesspool but never to Bar Harbor.  Is it a hotbed of communistic pinko faggotry?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2018, 07:47:34 pm »
Been to the 1st cesspool but never to Bar Harbor.  Is it a hotbed of communistic pinko faggotry?

It's like San Fran except the gays speak with a New England lisp.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2018, 08:01:12 pm »

Oh yes.  PROFOUNDLY UN-AMERICAN

I think your stupid quip there illustrates that your view of America is the version that the Soviets liked to think of.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:03:18 pm by INVAR »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2018, 08:06:50 pm »
He doesn't surprise me much anymore, but that "un-American" comment shocked even me.
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2018, 08:13:25 pm »
He doesn't surprise me much anymore, but that "un-American" comment shocked even me.

Jazzy head is a daily reminder why our 2nd amendment right must not be abridged.