Author Topic: Doctors SHOCKED as children no longer able to hold pencils due to endless use of mobile devices  (Read 553 times)

rangerrebew

Doctors SHOCKED as children no longer able to hold pencils due to endless use of mobile devices

Sunday, March 04, 2018 by: Isabelle Z.   

(Natural News) Today’s children have more technology at their disposal than any generation before them, and it’s a bit of a double-edged sword. Some parents might marvel at the wide range of educational apps available that claim to help children boost academic skills, but that won’t count for much if they can’t even master the basic skill of writing.

A study carried out by the Heart of England Foundation NHS Trust found that young children are entering school without the hand strength and dexterity needed to hold their pencils due to the widespread overuse of touchscreen tablets and phones. The ability to grip and move a pencil requires a strong control over the fine muscles in the fingers, and children who are constantly using touchscreens don’t get the opportunity to develop these essential skills.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-03-04-doctors-shocked-as-children-no-longer-able-to-hold-pencils-due-to-endless-use-of-mobile-devices.html

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
While I don't buy this, it is a sorry state we have fallen to with parents accelerating past the TV babysitter to the smart phone or tablet. We make a point of minimizing those things when we have the grandson over, we play games, read or do crafts, things that require thought and imagination.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
natural news.  Yeah it is fake news. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

natural news.  Yeah it is fake news.

Yeah, I don't trust NN either, but fox news reported on this a week ago...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/02/27/too-much-tech-kids-struggle-to-hold-pencils.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GtHawk

Yeah, I don't trust NN either, but fox news reported on this a week ago...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/02/27/too-much-tech-kids-struggle-to-hold-pencils.html
I'm of the opinion it has less to with tech and more to do with a lack of emphasis and practice time in classrooms for writing in long hand and penmanship.

Offline thackney

I'm of the opinion it has less to with tech and more to do with a lack of emphasis and practice time in classrooms for writing in long hand and penmanship.

These are kids entering grade school.  They haven't got to that point yet.

It is from kids that don't use crayons but do use an electronic tablet, and similar lack of motor skill activities.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GtHawk

These are kids entering grade school.  They haven't got to that point yet.

It is from kids that don't use crayons but do use an electronic tablet, and similar lack of motor skill activities.
Well that's just the acceleration of parents using TV to babysit the kids all the time so they don't have to watch, or God forbid, actually interact with the children in activities that promote imagination and creating things with their hands, but it is carried thru in later grades, I've seen it with my grandson.

Offline montanajoe

I call BS on this. If the trigger finger works no reason to believe they can't hold a pencil.....