Author Topic: I Wore Blue Light Blocking Glasses Every Day For A Week—Here’s What I Learned  (Read 513 times)

rangerrebew

I Wore Blue Light Blocking Glasses Every Day For A Week—Here’s What I Learned
The glare from your computer screen and phone isn't doing you any favors. Are these glasses the answer?
By Gina Tomaine For RodalesOrganicLife.com February 19, 2018

I'd heard of blue light blocking glasses before: they were yellow, ugly, and not worth the laughter  I would get from both roommates and coworkers if I wore them regularly.

But, I had a problem: For my job, I needed to spend a minimum of eight hours a day staring at a computer screen. Plus, unfortunately, in my "down time" after work, I would often find myself staring at another, smaller screen: the crip rectangle of my iPhone 7, which would constantly beam more blue light into my face.

https://www.prevention.com/health/blue-light-glasses

Offline Polly Ticks

I recently bought a pair of blue light blocking reading glasses because I was having eye strain issues -- fatigued eyes, twitchy eyelid, etc.  I'm just a study of one, but my symptoms have vastly improved.  I haven't had an eyelid twitch at all since I started wearing them.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm wearing a pair of them right now.  I highly recommend them for folks who sit at a computer all day.  Not one person has ever laughed at me for them (but that could be because I work all day and never see another human).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

I'm wearing a pair of them right now.  I highly recommend them for folks who sit at a computer all day.  Not one person has ever laughed at me for them (but that could be because I work all day and never see another human).

Ha!  Right?!   I work from home, so the only ones who see me are my husband and kids.  And if they laugh, I can just fix liver and onions for dinner.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Ha!  Right?!   I work from home, so the only ones who see me are my husband and kids.  And if they laugh, I can just fix liver and onions for dinner.

I thought revenge was a dinner best served cold? :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

I thought revenge was a dinner best served cold? :cool:

Oooooooo .... COLD liver and onions!  Even better.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I guess it depends, was that chicken liver or cows liver?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
The very 1st info commercial that was made to look like a 30 min tv show I ever saw was for "Blue Blockers"! 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Polly Ticks

I guess it depends, was that chicken liver or cows liver?

Cook's choice.  And the cook absolutely LOVES chicken livers!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Cook's choice.  And the cook absolutely LOVES chicken livers!
Many many moons ago when I was just a lad I was a  cook at the Knott's Berry Farm Steak House, now both my youth and it are gone 8888crybaby, One of the things that was the most popular was the grilled chicken livers and onions. Knott's at that time got beautiful, huge livers from their own Rhode Island Reds and they were quite tasty. The only downside was,  I swear, the livers were sentient and knew exactly were you moved to and spit burning oil at you!