Author Topic: The Illegal Alien 'Dream' Deferred for Good  (Read 222 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Illegal Alien 'Dream' Deferred for Good
« on: March 05, 2018, 11:23:53 am »
The Illegal Alien 'Dream' Deferred for Good
TownHall, Mar 5, 2018, Arthur Schaper

<snip>

Truly, though, it was brilliant and welcome that President Trump handed over the DACA issue to Congress, regardless of what the lawmakers wanted to do. The situation should have been resolved by law, not executive fiat with a pen and phone. And that’s when I really got busy. Six months is a long time, and yet not much time to promote or prevent legislation. I am committed to seeing more enforcement, not more amnesty. This country has been generous enough. It’s time to address our manifold domestic concerns. A sharp reduction in legal immigration along with a full stop to illegal immigration must be the call of the day.

The Schumer Shutdown shut down Democrats’ moral superiority on immigration. They made illegal aliens more important than Americans, particularly our military. The second budget battle gave way to massive spending (bad), but no immigration deals (good). The open floor process collapsed before our very eyes. Even though I was a little spooked to see eight Republicans push for more immigration and a mass amnesty, every bad bill died.

And we won. March 5th, 2018 is upon us, and the left-wing, anti-social injustice warriors have nothing to show for their screaming, yelling, cursing, swearing, and en masse spending from George Soros. Life is good, and the Republic will endure.  Now, some critics and concerned voices have reminded me of the judicial policy misconduct from two federal district courts. Yes, they have blocked the full repeal of DACA, but new applicants can no longer apply. Ultimately, this juridical problem is another issue, beyond immigration. It’s time for Congress to crack down on judicial tyranny. ...

Even though the United States Supreme Court refused a fast-track review of the issue, the truth is that the DOJ’s request was extraordinary to begin with. This program is on even more shaky ground, and ICE is rounding up illegals like never before. For me, the March 5th deadline for Congress to come up with a “solution” to DACA is what matters. There is no solution, because this utter lawlessness, and the decades of inaction and enabling from our federal government, didn’t need another legislative band-aid.

Read more:  https://townhall.com/columnists/arthurschaper/2018/03/05/draft-n2457381

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Illegal Alien 'Dream' Deferred for Good
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:52:55 am »
BTTT