Author Topic: Disney Has Been Accused of Plagiarizing its Solo: A Star Wars Story Posters  (Read 555 times)

Offline Suppressed

Disney Has Been Accused of Plagiarizing its Solo: A Star Wars Story Posters
Julie Muncy    Today 2:15pm
https://io9.gizmodo.com/disney-has-been-accused-of-plagiarizing-its-solo-a-sta-1823500073

A poster for Solo: A Star Wars Story
Photo: Disney/Lucasfilm

Solo: A Star Wars Story is currently being promoted with a series of stylish, colorful posters. According to one French artist, those posters are plagiarizing his work.

The accuser is Hachim Bahous, an artist who designed a series of album covers for Sony Music France that, according to him, lay out the template followed by Disney’s Solo posters. He posted a comparison shot on Facebook, originally in French, with Disney’s work on one side and his own on the other, along with text saying, in part: “I am flattered that the quality of my work is recognized, but it is still pure and simple forgery, I have not been asked for my permission, I wish to be credited and paid for this work I have done for Sony!”

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline goatprairie

Gee, I'm outraged...I can hardly stand all this outrage I'm feeling  :yawn2:
I think I'll take a nap and try to get over the outrage.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nope.  Don't see it.

No soap, Doc.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The designs were layouts for a series of Sony Music France compilation albums released in 2015 – albums that have since been re-released with different artwork.

Bahous is the designer of the artwork, not necessarily the owner and Disney could’ve purchased them from Sony without notifying the artist.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775