Author Topic: Immigration deal as unlikely as ever: 'DACA is probably on ice for a long time'  (Read 334 times)

rangerrebew

Immigration deal as unlikely as ever: 'DACA is probably on ice for a long time'

by David M. Drucker | Mar 2, 2018, 12:01 AM

Action to protect so-called Dreamers from deportation has stalled indefinitely, with neither President Trump nor Democrats and Republicans in Congress feeling pressure to compromise as the midterm elections approach.

These nearly 2 million illegal immigrants, brought to the U.S. as children, remain at some risk of deportation despite the Supreme Court essentially nullifying Trump’s March 5 deadline to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program implemented by his predecessor.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/im...rticle/2650502

Online andy58-in-nh

I'd rather have ICE than DACA.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bravo, Andy!

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I'd rather have ICE than DACA.

Neat.  But with one cube please for me. 

which brings up an interesting question and one  commonly disputed in the bar and, as many bar arguments go, there is quite a bit of confusion. What exactly is the difference between a neat, an up, and a straight up drink?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."