Author Topic: Opioid users suffer increased risk of dangerous bacterial infections, according to new study  (Read 343 times)

rangerrebew

Opioid users suffer increased risk of dangerous bacterial infections, according to new study

Friday, March 02, 2018 by: Michelle Simmons   

(Natural News) Another danger of opioid use has been discovered. People who use opioids are at a higher risk of dangerous bacterial infections compared to those who do not use the drugs, according to a study published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine.

The study was carried out by a team of researchers from the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) who examined the possible risk of prescription opioid use for serious bacterial infections called invasive pneumococcal diseases. These serious infections are caused by the bacteria known as Streptococcus pneumoniae, which could result in different illnesses such as meningitis, bacteremia, and invasive pneumonia.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-03-02-opioid-users-suffer-increased-risk-of-dangerous-bacterial-infections-new-study.html

Offline Victoria33

@rangerrebew
@mystery-ak

As most here know, I take an opioid, generic of Vicodin, every day. If the pain is really bad, I take two.  I also have had the new pneumonia shot that lasts forever.  If I stopped taking this pain med, I couldn't move, could not even put on clothes other than a loose fitting, easy to put on, robe.  That was my condition before being given this opioid.  If I stopped the med due to being afraid of pneumonia, I would eventually die from not moving.  Taking the pills gives me a moving live now, able to think of something besides stopping the pain.  I have to trust the new pneumonia shot to prevent that happening.  My choice is pills and a moving life or no pills and no moving life.  Which would you choose?