Author Topic: Reyna to dismiss more Twin Peaks cases  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Reyna to dismiss more Twin Peaks cases
« on: February 28, 2018, 11:44:28 pm »
WacoTrib by Tommy Witherspoon 2/28/2018

McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna on Wednesday again dismissed cases involving Twins Peaks defendants before a hearing scheduled for Thursday.

Reyna announced at a press conference Wednesday morning that he intends to dismiss 13 Twin Peaks cases and will refuse 24 others that had not been indicted. Judges Matt Johnson and Ralph Strother signed orders Wednesday afternoon dismissing the cases in their respective courts.

Reyna says that brings a total of 58 Twin Peaks cases that have been disposed out of 154 bikers who were indicted and 177 total who were arrested.

-The dismissal list includes the names of 10 bikers that had hearings scheduled for Thursday in Judge Ralph Strother of Waco’s 19th State District Court. Those bikers had filed motions seeking to disqualify Reyna from handling their cases.

Those hearings will be canceled.-

More: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/reyna-to-dismiss-more-twin-peaks-cases/article_0d873c46-223c-599f-a985-21131589cd36.html

Offline roamer_1

Re: Reyna to dismiss more Twin Peaks cases
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:49:45 pm »
WacoTrib by Tommy Witherspoon 2/28/2018

McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna on Wednesday again dismissed cases involving Twins Peaks defendants before a hearing scheduled for Thursday.

Reyna announced at a press conference Wednesday morning that he intends to dismiss 13 Twin Peaks cases and will refuse 24 others that had not been indicted. Judges Matt Johnson and Ralph Strother signed orders Wednesday afternoon dismissing the cases in their respective courts.

Reyna says that brings a total of 58 Twin Peaks cases that have been disposed out of 154 bikers who were indicted and 177 total who were arrested.

-The dismissal list includes the names of 10 bikers that had hearings scheduled for Thursday in Judge Ralph Strother of Waco’s 19th State District Court. Those bikers had filed motions seeking to disqualify Reyna from handling their cases.

Those hearings will be canceled.-

More: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/reyna-to-dismiss-more-twin-peaks-cases/article_0d873c46-223c-599f-a985-21131589cd36.html

He's bailing hard now... But it's still going down.
I can't wait for the class action suit this will bring.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:55:56 pm »
I read that 100 of the bikers have filed Civil Suits.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 11:58:45 pm »
I read that 100 of the bikers have filed Civil Suits.

That ain't near enough.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 03:07:05 am »
http://radiolegendary.com/2018/02/reynas-dismissal-of-cases/] [url]http://radiolegendary.com/2018/02/reynas-dismissal-of-cases/[/url]

DEFENSE BAR JEERS AT LAST MINUTE REFUSAL TO PROSECUTE TWIN PEAKS CASES ON EVE OF HEARING INTO FED PROBE

WACO – Lawyers representing clients released from prosecution for engaging in organized criminal behavior in the Twin Peaks cases called BS when DA Abel Reyna made his announcement on Wednesday.

To a man and woman, the barristers all said the same thing.

Reyna is facing extensive civil litigation in federal court in which defendants are seeking multimillions in money damages.

He cannot afford the addition to the court record of the testimony of members of his own staff acknowledging they gave statements against him to FBI Special Agent Dan Brust regarding criminal misconduct.

---In a poignant Facebook entry, Casie Gotro, defense counsel from Houston who battled Reyna, Jarrett, and Dillon to a mistrial in the case against Dallas Bandidos President Jake Carrizal, the only case to be presented to a trial jury so far, said:

Manuel Rodriguez aka Candyman was killed in the parking lot of Twin Peaks. Shot in the face with a 9mm handgun before he could even turn his bike off. The spot where he fell has been defiled with graffitti. “FL”. F---ing Loser. The gun that fired the death shot was recovered from a saddle bag on a motorcycle parked in front of TP. Able Reyna just dismissed the charges against the man who parked it there.

She stopped short of naming the alleged assailant, adding, “I am sick to my stomach.” She is in a position to know. Ms. Gotro is one of the few persons on the planet who has examined and catalogued the estimated 2 million documents and items in evidence in the prosecution’s trial brief turned over on discovery.---

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 03:13:49 am »
Hey Joe, over here...

@Smokin Joe

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 06:18:14 am »
Hey Joe, over here...

@Smokin Joe
Thanks for the ping! This is good news, but it is only the beginning of getting this crap onion peeled down. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 07:06:38 am »
Thanks for the ping! This is good news, but it is only the beginning of getting this crap onion peeled down.

Yeah, that's right... And I hope every layer gets more painful for this out of control justice system. Somebody has to grind their faces in it to make sure that crap never happens again.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 03:42:59 pm »
https://www.sentinelalert.org/texas/waco/

Ms. Gotro identified ( video link attached @ abt 53:00) that the killer of Jesus Delgado Rodriguez was Jacob Reese. She said the killing was clearly seen on the videos taken that day.

http://youtu.be/4dEDQNSpbBs

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 04:27:39 pm »
How that jive ass Renya still has a job is mind boggling.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 04:33:25 pm »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I was also remembering that DA that prosecuted the LaCrosse team members.  And, then paid for it.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 04:39:31 pm »
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I was also remembering that DA that prosecuted the LaCrosse team members.  And, then paid for it.

Oh yeah.  Man that guy got what he had coming to him.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 08:43:06 am »
They didn't kill any of the Lacrosse Team members.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 02:19:12 pm »
They didn't kill any of the Lacrosse Team members.

Yes, the punishment should fit the crime.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 02:25:12 pm »

@Wingnut

I've heard it said that apples don't fall far from the tree and this guy is proving it daily! 

IIRC his father, a former state district court judge, was removed from the bench but I cannot remember what for.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:25:56 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien