Author Topic: FedEx won't drop NRA from discount program  (Read 805 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FedEx won't drop NRA from discount program
« on: February 27, 2018, 12:33:26 am »
FedEx won't drop NRA from discount program
Business Insider, Feb 26, 2018, Reuters

(Reuters) - FedEx Corp said on Monday it would allow the National Rifle Association (NRA) to continue using a discount program but said it opposed sales of assault rifles.

The package delivery company's statement comes as major corporations are under pressures to sever marketing and other ties with the NRA in the aftermath of the Feb. 14 shooting that killed 17 people at a Florida high school.

"While we strongly support the constitutional right of U.S. citizens to own firearms subject to appropriate background checks, FedEx views assault rifles and large capacity magazines as an inherent potential danger to schools, workplaces, and communities when such weapons are misused," FedEx said.

As for discounts, it added that "FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues."

More: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-fedex-wont-drop-nra-from-discount-program-2018-2

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: FedEx won't drop NRA from discount program
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 12:48:05 am »
Good

Looks like Delta is going to lose $50 million tax break for their choice
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 12:55:42 am »
As for discounts, it added that "FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues."

QFT

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 12:58:11 am »
"FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues."

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 07:54:56 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Help!!! What is QFT?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.