Author Topic: Court decision all but nullifies March 5 deadline for 'Dreamers'  (Read 287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Court decision all but nullifies March 5 deadline for 'Dreamers'
« on: February 27, 2018, 12:14:52 am »
Court decision all but nullifies March 5 deadline for 'Dreamers'
By Rafael Bernal - 02/26/18 05:35 PM EST

The Supreme Court on Monday decided to stay out of the legal fight surrounding the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, all but nullifying a March 5 deadline for congressional action set by President Trump.

The court’s decision means an injunction preventing the Trump administration from unwinding the program will remain in place as the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals continues its review.

Andrew Pincus, a Supreme Court litigator and partner at Mayer Brown, a Washington, D.C.-based law firm, said the earliest a decision could be expected from the appeals courts would be in June or July.

“We’re certainly looking at a matter of a significant number of months,” Pincus said.

more
http://thehill.com/latino/375685-court-decision-all-but-nullifies-march-5-deadline-for-dreamers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Court decision all but nullifies March 5 deadline for 'Dreamers'
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 12:18:17 am »
BS! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Court decision all but nullifies March 5 deadline for 'Dreamers'
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 06:15:19 pm »
Good job extending DACA past the 2018 midterms!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.