Author Topic: I just joined the National Rifle Association.  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I just joined the National Rifle Association.
« on: February 24, 2018, 06:03:36 pm »
American Greatness By Julie Kelly| February 23, 2018

One More for the NRA

Although I’ve always been somewhat open-minded about gun control, especially high-powered weapons, the current mob mentality of the Left—incited by propagandists in the media—has closed my mind. The spectacle over the Florida school shooting proves the Left will exploit any tragedy, manipulate any victim, and demonize any detractor in their scorched-earth strategy to regain power. Further, its purported solution seeks to empower the public authorities who utterly and despicably failed to stop this massacre at every chance.

Unhinged elites + corrupt government = my gun.

The ruling class cannot be trusted. The revelation yesterday that a deputy sheriff stood down while helpless teenagers were slaughtered by a disturbed young man goes beyond a dereliction of duty. It reflects the lack of common decency pervasive among our protected institutions and their bureaucratic lackeys, whether they be positioned at the Department of Motor Vehicles, Veterans Administration hospitals, the top brass at the FBI, or in your local police force. In addition to their incompetence and inhumanity, we are further humiliated as they lie to us, place blame on others, and then get to “retire” with full benefits. (It’s only a matter of time before we find out Scot Peterson, the deputy who cowardly crouched outside Stoneman Douglas High School, listening to bullets and screams, will still get his taxpayer-funded pension and collect a sizable portion of his six-figure salary package.)

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel—a Democrat—should be the poster boy for the ruling class’s pathetic cocktail of bravado, ineptitude, and blame-shifting. On February 21, he appeared on CNN’s town hall meeting, refusing, in dramatic fashion, to accept any culpability for what happened: “America, there’s one person responsible for this act, that’s the detestable, violent killer. He is responsible for this act.” (Your friendly reminder that sheriffs are politicians, too. Israel once compared himself to Don Shula, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King while defending his crony hiring practices.)

More: https://amgreatness.com/2018/02/23/one-more-for-the-nra/

I had dropped my NRA membership years ago. I got tired of all the mailings and phone calls every election cycle.

Well Today, I joined back up for 5 years.

Online NavyCanDo

Re: I just joined the National Rifle Association.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 01:09:23 am »
I renewed my membership the day of the FL shooting BECAUSE of the backlash.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 01:25:39 am »
I think GOA has been more steadfast.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 04:02:31 am »

YEP. Stopped supporting NRA years ago. Won't be back.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 02:28:27 pm »

Agreed.  But just to spite the Libtards I renewed my Life of Duty membership to go along with my USCCA membership.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!