Author Topic: The Unlearned Lessons of Columbine  (Read 301 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Unlearned Lessons of Columbine
« on: February 24, 2018, 02:45:54 pm »

The Unlearned Lessons of Columbine

BY: Sonny Bunch

February 23, 2018 9:51 am

I generally avoid discussing gun control/mass shootings because the arguments are so rote and the arguers are so calcified that few minds are likely to change. For what it's worth, I would like to associate myself with David French's arguments here about the state of the debate, the gap between right and left on the issue, and what might be done to curb gun violence even more than it has already been curbed.

But it is worth noting, briefly, that the shooting in Parkland, Fla., represented a rather large failure to adhere to the rules learned after the Columbine shooting almost 20 years ago. Nine years ago in Slate, Dave Cullen—whose book, Columbine, is chilling and fascinating in equal measures—highlighted the four major lessons that school shooting taught people seeking to avoid a repeat.

One of those lessons is that shooters show signs ahead of attacks:

more
http://freebeacon.com/blog/the-unlearned-lessons-of-columbine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Unlearned Lessons of Columbine
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 11:38:34 pm »
Excellent piece, worth reading.

Online DB

Re: The Unlearned Lessons of Columbine
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 12:00:31 am »
But government failing to respond to the obvious threats allows government to create more laws and rules against those who had nothing to do with their failure to act.

There's no real down side for government, only for innocent people.