Author Topic: Chemical tanker attacked off Somalia, pirates repelled: EU Naval force  (Read 347 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Chemical tanker attacked off Somalia, pirates repelled: EU Naval force
George Obulutsa2 Min Read

NAIROBI (Reuters) - Suspected Somali pirates attacked a Singaporean-flagged chemical tanker on Friday but were repelled by guards on board, the European Union’s Naval force said, the first such incident in several months.

EU Navfor said in a statement the 50,000 metric tonne MT Leopard Sun was sailing from Sohar in Oman to Cape Town, South Africa, when it was attacked by two skiffs 160 nautical miles (295 km) off the coast of Somalia.

“The skiffs approached from the stern and fired upon her, after which the on-board Private Armed Security Team returned fire with warning shots,” EU Navfor said.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-somalia-piracy/chemical-tanker-attacked-off-somalia-pirates-repelled-eu-naval-force-idUSKCN1G725A

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Chemical tanker attacked off Somalia, pirates repelled: EU Naval force
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 02:09:57 am »
“The skiffs approached from the stern and fired upon her, after which the on-board Private Armed Security Team returned fire with warning shots,”

Why "warning" shots?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:38:19 am »
“The skiffs approached from the stern and fired upon her, after which the on-board Private Armed Security Team returned fire with warning shots,”

Why "warning" shots?
Well, you coldhearted person, you wouldn't want to hurt pirates would you?  :hard crying:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 04:58:59 am »
I was trying to think, they made a movie on those pirates, didn't they? In that episode in about 2010 or so with Obama though I don't know if Obama is referred to in it. Clint Eastwood made movie? The answer is as close as they keyboard.... and google, bing or your favorite search engine.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 04:27:31 pm »
I was trying to think, they made a movie on those pirates, didn't they? In that episode in about 2010 or so with Obama though I don't know if Obama is referred to in it. Clint Eastwood made movie? The answer is as close as they keyboard.... and google, bing or your favorite search engine.
Yes, Tom Hanks in "Captain Phillips."  A very good flick.  The climax is based on reality, which I knew before I watched. Still entertaining. Hanks did a great job.