Author Topic: Gun stocks slammed as companies and funds distance themselves from industry  (Read 782 times)

Offline endicom

Market Watch
Ciara Linnane
Feb. 23, 2018

Shares of gun manufacturers fell across the board Friday, reversing the gains of the prior session as the debate over gun control continued to heat up in the wake of the Feb. 14 school massacre in Florida, and investment funds came under fresh pressure to divest from the sector.

A week after 17 people were killed at a high school in Parkland, Fla., the pressure on Congress to act on guns is building, as students take the lead in pushing for reform at rallies and town halls with politicians.

Stocks had rallied on Thursday after President Donald Trump suggested he would support a move to raise the legal age for buying firearms to 21 from 18. Talk of regulating guns typically spurs a wave of buying, as consumers rush to get in ahead of any change in the law.

More... https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gun-stocks-slammed-as-companies-and-funds-distance-themselves-from-industry-2018-02-23

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Looks like a good time to buy Gun Stocks.  I sense  several months of record sales and company profits a coming as the leftist try their newest and bestest gun grab
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online dfwgator

Think I'll invest in some gun stocks.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Think I'll invest in some gun stocks.

I was thinking of looking at some matching Pistol Grips also.  I do so love to coordinate when I go on a murderous rampage.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

I checked and, other than Ruger, those stocks have been down for the last year. Ruger is down by just a fraction. The Obama buying spree ended with Trump's election.