Author Topic: No Money to Arm Teachers, But Lots of Money to Confiscate Guns  (Read 303 times)

rangerrebew

No Money to Arm Teachers, But Lots of Money to Confiscate Guns
« on: February 23, 2018, 05:44:11 pm »
No Money to Arm Teachers, But Lots of Money to Confiscate Guns
February 23, 2018
Daniel Greenfield

Priorities, priorities.

Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Beast John Avlon said arming teachers to protect students from mass shootings would be too expensive and called the proposal “problematic,” on CNN’s New Day.

“Not only is it well outside their core competency and requires a lot of training, but that training costs money,” Avlon said Thursday. “And you’ve got a situation where a lot of teachers in this country buy homeroom supplies. So all of the sudden we’re going to be finding money for them to be trained up to use a weapon in a classroom full of kids.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/269405/no-money-arm-teachers-lots-money-confiscate-guns-daniel-greenfield

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: No Money to Arm Teachers, But Lots of Money to Confiscate Guns
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 03:51:06 am »
I read the article, and the "gun confiscation program" is not described or linked in any way.

I can attest to the fact that teachers do end up purchasing a lot of everyday supplies for their classroom, including paper, crayons, and pencils.  I would certainly expect any weapons training and purchases to be made by the district, through the NRA's grants, rather than asking teachers to foot that bill.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 01:42:54 pm »
Let's get real. 99 percent of today's teachers would shriek in horror and run if  you tried to give them a gun. They are snowflakes raised in protected environments that think guns are for uncivilized savages,not THEM.

"Feel Good" nonsense from the right,nothing more.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 01:52:58 pm »

"Feel Good" nonsense from the right,nothing more.

Yep
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy