Author Topic: The Story Of The Deputy Who Stood Outside The School Shooting Keeps Getting Worse  (Read 257 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Patterico
https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2018/02/23/story-deputy-stood-outside-school-shooting-keeps-getting-worse/

streiff told you last night about the Broward County sheriff’s deputy who stood outside and did nothing as children were being slaughtered inside . . . But buried deeeep in the Washington Post article — 24 paragraphs in, in fact (I counted) — is this little nugget:

Peterson is mentioned as part of a 2016 social services agency investigation into Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old identified by police as the
gunman. According to a Florida Department of Children and Families report detailing that investigation, Peterson was approached by
investigators and “refused to share any information … regarding [an] incident that took place with” the teenager.

What?

. . . It’s still not 100% clear what authorities could have done about this kid if they had done their jobs — but it is clear they didn’t do their jobs. The FBI might not have been able to stop anything — but they didn’t even bother to learn the kid’s identity. The Sheriff’s Department refused to share information with investigators, took dozens of reports, and did nothing. And then this deputy failed to act at the critical moment when he could have saved children’s lives.

Part of me says we should not stand in judgment of this deputy. But then I think back to that story of the coach, Aaron Feis, who threw himself in front of students at the cost of his own life. Imagine if, instead, Feis had held kids in front of himself, using them as human shields.

That is, in essence, what Deputy Scot Peterson did. He allowed kids to die so that he might live.

But sure, blame the NRA.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
That sheriff needs to go
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
The s##t excuse for a little Blue State town I live in appropriated $1 Million a few years back to put armed cops in the grade schools.

2 years ago the town council went after that money, as waste.

There was NO PLAN to invest it in any Other type of school security.

All they were interested in was getting their grubby mitts on that $Million a year that they banged the tax payers Extra for to piss it away on something else.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:27:41 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com