Author Topic: Trump warns ​​CPAC crowd: GOP could get 'clobbered' in 2018​  (Read 408 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump warns ​​CPAC crowd: GOP could get 'clobbered' in 2018​
by Gabby Morrongiello | Feb 23, 2018, 10:45 AM

President Trump on Friday warned the largest annual gathering of conservatives that Republicans could get "clobbered" in the upcoming midterms if his supporters lack the same enthusiasm they showed during the 2016 election.

"I know that whoever wins the presidency has a disadvantage for whatever reason in the midterms," Trump told the crowd. "Historically, if you win the presidency, you don't do well two years later. And we can't let that happen."

The president attributed traditional losses for the party in power to low voter turnout and fatigue among voters who fought so hard to carry Republicans to victory in 2016.

"I've finally figured it out. What happens is you fight so hard to win the presidency, you fight, fight, fight... and now you've got to go and fight again, but you just won," Trump said. "Nobody has that same drive, so you end up not doing that well because the other side is crazed."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-warns-cpac-crowd-gop-could-get-clobbered-in-2018/article/2649853
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well he's not wrong.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

"I've finally figured it out. What happens is you fight so hard to win the presidency, you fight, fight, fight... and now you've got to go and fight again, but you just won," Trump said. "Nobody has that same drive, so you end up not doing that well because the other side is crazed."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-warns-cpac-crowd-gop-could-get-clobbered-in-2018/article/2649853

Trump nailed it, here.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Right.  Not because the Republican party itself is nearly indistinguishable from Democrats in their achievements.

1.5 Trillion deficit spending and Amnesty anyone?

The GOP has created absolutely no reason whatsoever to vote for them or anyone else in their failed party.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline endicom

Whew!, I was afraid they'd get schlonged.

He's trying to get the steam built back up. Complacency is a killer.

Offline skeeter

Whew!, I was afraid they'd get schlonged.

He's trying to get the steam built back up. Complacency is a killer.

Well he'll have to work hard to counter the demoralizing effect Mitch McConnell is trying to have on the base.

Offline Stevensr123

Right.  Not because the Republican party itself is nearly indistinguishable from Democrats in their achievements.

The GOP has created absolutely no reason whatsoever to vote for them or anyone else in their failed party.
"Conservatives"  You guys ( I'm English) dont know know the meaning behind conservatism.

republicans like to spend just as much money, get involved far more on peoples health and religion far more etc

if you guys where conservatives you wouldn't be so against abortion, you wouldn't be so against religious freedom etc you will up for people making their own decisions. but you people want to control what people do, just as much as democrats. you just want to control something  different.

simple fact is, both parties have an agenda and the REAL conservatives suffer.

and by that I mean: anyone can practice any religion they want, abortion is allowed but in a scientific manner, business is supported in a rational manner, wealth fair is supported but also scrutinised so people dont take the piss etc

instead republicans are very happy spending trillions on the army aka the biggest social security fund going.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:16:54 pm by Stevensr123 »

Offline Night Hides Not

"Conservatives"  You guys ( I'm English) dont know know the meaning behind conservatism.

republicans like to spend just as much money, get involved far more on peoples health and religion far more etc

if you guys where conservatives you wouldn't be so against abortion, you wouldn't be so against religious freedom etc you will up for people making their own decisions. but you people want to control what people do, just as much as democrats. you just want to control something  different.

and by that I mean: anyone can practice any religion they want, abortion is allowed but in a scientific manner, business is supported in a rational manner, wealth fair is supported but also scrutinised so people dont take the piss etc

instead republicans are very happy spending trillions on the army aka the biggest social security fund going.

Welcome to TBR!

George Bernard Shaw was right:

The British and the Americans are two great peoples divided by a common tongue

As a conservative, I'm for freedom as defined in the Constitution of the United States. As a social conservative, I am totally opposed to abortion. And if it weren't for the trillions spent on defense, the rest of the world would be speaking Russian or Chinese.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:02:15 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

We got that from reading your reply. 

Conservatism in America used to be understood in the era of Goldwater and Reagan - limited government; fiscal responsibility; promotion of biblical morality; a strong national defense; personal responsibility; family; civic duty; life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness without government regulation and oversight.

Now Conservatism in the Republican Party means to outspend Liberal Leftist Democrats, fund their big-government welfare state agenda and import millions upon millions of third world squatters and grant those who broke our laws to sneak into the country - amnesty.

In short the Republican Party is just another party of Big Government welfare state that thinks it can manage big government better than the Democrats.

Yes, they like to spend other people's money just like Democrats do.  However, it is the Left and the Democrats who involve themselves in government-mandated healthcare decisions and abolishing the religions that forged our society while imposing a hedonist/secular/Statist religion on everyone.

if you guys where conservatives you wouldn't be so against abortion,

The right to Life and liberty was a fundamental tenet of Conservatism in America.  Having sex outside of marriage and killing the consequences of that sex is evil, period in the view of an American Conservative.

you wouldn't be so against religious freedom etc you will up for people making their own decisions. but you people want to control what people do, just as much as democrats. you just want to control something  different.

No.  Statists, whether Republican or Democrat in the Uniparty seek to control the same thing: people and their wealth and limit their liberty so long as it keeps them in perpetual political power or in control of vast sums of money funneled to them to push legislation in an incestuous and fascist cycle of never-ending government growth and power.

That is why principled Conservatives refer to them both as the Uniparty.

Some religions consider others infidels and work to subjugate and abolish those, even to the point of conversion by the sword, having a hostile allegiance to anyone except their religious rulers.   Abortion is mass slaughter and infanticide that kills innocent life
Business i supposed to stand on its own merits and succeed or fail without government picking winners and losers in a free market.

Those were formerly American Conservative views.

Most of the money our government spends is not on the military, but rather for the welfare state.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline libertybele

Yeppers and I take issue with those that voted for that 1.5 Trillion deficit.  Amnesty is still on the table and my hunch is that'll be pushed out until after the mid terms.  IMHO both parties FAILED America a long time ago!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Something he apparently hasn’t figured out is that you lose inertia when you reveal to your supporters some of the things you said during the campaign were simply posturing to secure victory.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

Something he apparently hasn’t figured out is that you lose inertia when you reveal to your supporters some of the things you said during the campaign were simply posturing to secure victory.

But the interesting thing is how his fans don't care.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
But the interesting thing is how his fans don't care.

Oh, they care.  Otherwise, they wouldn’t herniate themselves moving goalposts and say stupid s**t like, ‘I guess you would’ve preferred Hillary.’
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Oh, they care.  Otherwise, they wouldn’t herniate themselves moving goalposts and say stupid s**t like, ‘I guess you would’ve preferred Hillary.’

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mesaclone

Huh?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain