Author Topic: Arrogant, snooty Neil deGrasse Tyson mocks those who prayed for the child victims of school shootin  (Read 395 times)

rangerrebew

Arrogant, snooty Neil deGrasse Tyson mocks those who prayed for the child victims of school shootings

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 by: Jayson Veley   

(Natural News) In the days and weeks following mass shootings like the one we saw in South Florida, it appears as though it’s not just the conservatives’ refusal to jump on the gun control bandwagon that drives the left wing up the wall; apparently, they don’t like when people pray for the victims either.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-02-21-arrogant-snooty-neil-degrasse-tyson-mocks-those-who-prayed-for-child-victims-of-school-shootings.html

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
THIS is what Tyson actually wrote:

“Evidence collected over many years, obtained from many locations, indicates that the power of Prayer is insufficient to stop bullets from killing school children.”

So prayers alone don't prevent children from being shot.  Makes sense to me; God helps those who helps themselves.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Frank Cannon

This clown is a poor mans Carl Sagan. He hasn't done anything ground breaking in his life and he knows it. That is why he is constantly spouting the Lib talking points to garner attention from the usual Left wing clapping seals.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
To which I replied:

"How would we know? Prayer's been banned from public schools since 1963."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline al_c

God helps those who helps themselves.

File that phrase into the "Things Jesus Never Said" folder.

al_c

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
File that phrase into the "Things Jesus Never Said" folder.

You're right; it's more Torah/Old Testament.  So what?

I always associated it with Deuteronomy 28:8--
The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

I think it's a Ben Franklin quotation, maybe?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.