Author Topic: Father of shooting victim confronts Rubio: Your comments have been 'pathetically weak'  (Read 335 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Father of shooting victim confronts Rubio: Your comments have been 'pathetically weak'
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 02/21/18 09:39 PM EST

The father of one of the students killed in the shooting at a Florida high school confronted Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) over his statements in the wake of the attack, calling his and President Trump’s statements “incredibly weak.”

“When I like you, you know it. When I'm pissed as you, you know it. Your comments this week and those of our president have been pathetically weak,” Fred Guttenberg, whose daughter Jaime was killed, said at a CNN town hall Wednesday.

“So you and I are now eye to eye. Because I want to like you, look at me and tell me,” Guttenberg said to Rubio. “Guns were the factor in the hunting of our kids in this school this week. And look at me and tell me you accept it and you will work with us to do something about guns."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/374995-father-of-shooting-victim-confronts-rubio-your-comments-have-been
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The kid who asked him if he would accept NRA campaign donations again was obnoxious as hell. 

Student Cameron Kasky did not mince words telling Rubio, "It's hard to look at you and not look down the barrel of an AR-15 and not look at Nikolas Cruz"

Why, because they’re both Hispanic?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:43:49 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Rubio is a spineless azzhole. It's why he made a mess of his WH run. It's why he is a Senator now even though he said he was going to get a real job. Let's not forget the Gang of 8.

The easiest way to handle this type of question is to ask the questioner exactly what they want, in detail, done to stop this stuff. Everyone is letting these people spout off and it is very apperant this guy is a Lib from his whole attitude. Make these people go on the record for confiscating all guns and then ask them why there is still lots of gun violence in non gun countries. Why let them set the narrative.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The easiest way to handle this type of question is to ask the questioner exactly what they want, in detail, done to stop this stuff. Everyone is letting these people spout off and it is very apperant this guy is a Lib from his whole attitude. Make these people go on the record for confiscating all guns and then ask them why there is still lots of gun violence in non gun countries. Why let them set the narrative.

This man wasn’t interested in questions.  He wanted to grandstand and be unassailable because of the circumstances.  The people in the crowd were on the record as to where they stand on 2A.  Anyone who watched understood that.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

This man wasn’t interested in questions.  He wanted to grandstand and be unassailable because of the circumstances.  The people in the crowd were on the record as to where they stand on 2A.  Anyone who watched understood that.

Bingo. That's why no one watched this and from the pictures I saw the stadium was half empty. The few people in the country tuned into this issue know exactly what this whole thing has degenerated to. People using dead kids coffins to push a mindless attack at the Constitution. The whole effing thing is a fraud.