Author Topic: Here’s the New “Bronco II” Precision Strike Aircraft for Counterinsurgency/Irregular Warfare mission  (Read 513 times)

Offline endicom

The Aviationist
David Cenciotti
Feb. 21, 2018

Based on the weird South African AHRLAC aircraft (Advanced High-Performance Reconnaissance Light Aircraft) the Bronco II was launched today in the US market.

On Feb. 21, the newly created Bronco Combat System (BCS) USA announced the launch of the Bronco II, a two-crew C4ISR and precision strike aircraft, based on the South Africa’s first indigenous turboprop aircraft designed AHRLAC (Advanced High-performance Reconnaissance and Surveillance Aircraft), developed by a joint venture between the Paramount Group and Aerosud.

The name of the new light aircraft was inspired by the OV-10 Bronco, the U.S. aircraft developed in the 1960s as a special aircraft for counter-insurgency (COIN) combat and used today by the U.S. Special Operations Command to hunt ISIS militants in Iraq.

According to the BCS press release, the Bronco II is “capable of carrying a wide range of weapons, sensors and systems in extended airborne mission operations. It is a unique platform that is built for purpose; uses a pusher propeller and has an open system architecture allowing for the rapid incorporation of current and emerging systems, setting a new standard for mission flexibility and adaptability.

More... https://theaviationist.com/2018/02/21/heres-the-new-bronco-ii/

Maybe this is why the AF is stalling.

@mystery-ak

@Machiavelli
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:32:07 pm by endicom »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It aint no A-10, I'm sure it's very capable but does it have either lethality or survivability of the Warthog?  Will it make the enemy pee itself in fear when they see it, like the A-10?

Offline Suppressed

It aint no A-10, I'm sure it's very capable but does it have either lethality or survivability of the Warthog?  Will it make the enemy pee itself in fear when they see it, like the A-10?

Different mission.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.