Author Topic: The Long Winter Of 2017/18…Numerous Records Set As Ferocious Cold And Snow Batter Northern Hemispher  (Read 461 times)

rangerrebew

The Long Winter Of 2017/18…Numerous Records Set As Ferocious Cold And Snow Batter Northern Hemisphere

By P Gosselin on 21. February 2018

The long term forecast for Europe, where it is already colder than normal, shows temperatures plummeting to near -20°C in parts of Central Europe by early next week, extending what has been already a brutal winter.

Latest GFS models forecast ferocious cold to grip Europe early next week. Source: Dominik Jung.

Europeans longing for spring will just have to be patient for awhile. Indeed this winter has been a harsh one across the northern hemisphere with record cold temperatures being set from Siberia to North America to Japan. Also a number of places have seen record snowfalls.

http://notrickszone.com/2018/02/21/the-long-winter-of-2017-18-numerous-records-set-as-ferocious-cold-and-snow-batter-northern-hemisphere/#sthash.gjPfU8Jc.3elfuVEJ.dpbs

rangerrebew

I just saw an article which claimed February was the 5th warmest in history.  Not where I live, it was'nt.

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I just saw an article which claimed February was the 5th warmest in history.  Not where I live, it was'nt.
It makes a person wonder what would it take for them to admit it wasn't. We could have a huge volcano plunge the planet into an ice age and they'd probably still claim it's in the top ten.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Yesterday was the hottest winter day on record here.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
74 here in western Connecticut this afternoon.
Nice day!

But only a fool would think that "winter is over"...

Offline RoosGirl

Been in the low 80's here for over a week.  8888crybaby

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Been in the low 80's here for over a week.  8888crybaby

Sounds lovely.  We're supposed to cool down late next week.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.