Author Topic: The California Paradox: if Immigration Creates Wealth, Why is California Poor?  (Read 643 times)

rangerrebew

The California Paradox: if Immigration Creates Wealth, Why is California Poor?
By Spencer Morrison February 15, 2018

From WikiCommons

California is a land of untold opulence. Hollywood’s glitter dazzles the gawking masses, while the world’s most profitable companies, Google, Apple, and Facebook, funnel cash into the Golden State from every corner of the earth. And yet California is also desperately poor.

One-in-five Californians live in poverty, the State’s income inequality is worse than Mexico’s, and untold thousands live on the streets. California is dystopia.

https://constitution.com/california-paradox-immigration-creates-wealth-california-poor/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

In one of these directions lies California.
You already know which one.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
In a decade or so, California will have no White skinned politicians.
I do not know what this is? Like Rome or something? The most ardent racists in California are White people who 'hate' White people. They are killing themselves. OK, fine.

They will all be gone before they know it. They are petitioning themselves out of a job. Where do they plan to live in the future? Once they get their way and California becomes a real third world hellhole, they are going to have to get the hell out of there.

Weird. It is like they want to shit in their own beds and then they want your bed to piss in. What a bunch of sad, pathetic people Liberals are. They hate themselves so much that they are willing to lose everything for it. They are willing to die for it. And that is fine. I don't care. Knock yourself out. I don't care.

Just don't come anywhere near me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:12:42 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

California technology companies are no longer taking advantage of the best and the brightest. PC rules there now. If you are 40 or over, you don't know anything anymore. If you have the wrong political opinions you're out. Google and others are hiring females to replace males regardless of performance simply to make themselves more progressive. It has become political and not about cutting edge.

They've become so fat and bloated that they don't think they can be knocked off their perch. In time there's going to be a big cost to these companies and the state. And once the tide starts to turn it is going to be very difficult to turn back.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
California technology companies are no longer taking advantage of the best and the brightest. PC rules there now. If you are 40 or over, you don't know anything anymore. If you have the wrong political opinions you're out. Google and others are hiring females to replace males regardless of performance simply to make themselves more progressive. It has become political and not about cutting edge.

They've become so fat and bloated that they don't think they can be knocked off their perch. In time there's going to be a big cost to these companies and the state. And once the tide starts to turn it is going to be very difficult to turn back.

That definitely isn’t my husband’s experience in CA.  He’s almost fifty, the Chief Data Officer of a large tech company.  They recruit based on pure mathematical talent, mainly.  Sure, they look for women who are strong mathematicians, but they need too many analysts to turn away people with strong skills. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline RoosGirl

It should be clear to anyone that California is poor because it does not tax its citizen enough.

Offline Frank Cannon

That definitely isn’t my husband’s experience in CA.  He’s almost fifty, the Chief Data Officer of a large tech company.  They recruit based on pure mathematical talent, mainly.  Sure, they look for women who are strong mathematicians, but they need too many analysts to turn away people with strong skills.

Well that company is one of the few. Most companies hire for cost savings and some are open about it.

Online DB

https://www.ft.com/content/d54b6fb4-624c-11e7-91a7-502f7ee26895

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The average person has one teat, and one testicle
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
https://www.ft.com/content/d54b6fb4-624c-11e7-91a7-502f7ee26895

Thanks for this!  It's behind a paywall; is it worth it to subscribe to read?  Never mind; found it!

BTW, I wonder how the hiring differences play out in pure tech vs. applied tech companies.  Maybe my husband's firm is too specialized -- data scientists of any stripe can be hard to find.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:10:45 am by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online DB

Thanks for this!  It's behind a paywall; is it worth it to subscribe to read?  Never mind; found it!

BTW, I wonder how the hiring differences play out in pure tech vs. applied tech companies.  Maybe my husband's firm is too specialized -- data scientists of any stripe can be hard to find.

It is primarily programmers/software engineers that all the games are played with.