Author Topic: Clarence Thomas SCOLDS fellow Supreme Court justices after refusing to hear gun rights cases…  (Read 2984 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I just took it out of its case to check it out.  I didn't go over it much in the store, that was Mrs. Liberty's job, but I'm seriously impressed.  So light!  Like a feather.  And I understand there is almost no recoil.  Can't wait to shoot it.

@Cyber Liberty

Just got off the phone with my son and mentioned your purchase to him.  He recommends loads with 69gr bullets  for that rifle.  1 in 8 twist rate stabalizes those just fine and they greatly increase your max effective range over the 55gr variety.  He says he has a rifle with a similar configuration that routinely shoots into 1/2" @ 100yds.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Just got off the phone with my son and mentioned your purchase to him.  He recommends loads with 69gr bullets  for that rifle.  1 in 8 twist rate stabalizes those just fine and they greatly increase your max effective range over the 55gr variety.  He says he has a rifle with a similar configuration that routinely shoots into 1/2" @ 100yds.

These are 55.  I think it will  be a while before I can stretch my range to try those 69's.  It needs...exercise.  It calls to me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
These are 55.  I think it will  be a while before I can stretch my range to try those 69's.  It needs...exercise.  It calls to me.

Those you have will be fine for now.  Breaking things in and all but i think you will find the heavier bullets to be much more accurate in you baby.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Those you have will be fine for now.  Breaking things in and all but i think you will find the heavier bullets to be much more accurate in you baby.

I've held a lot of rifles in my day, but this one feels like no other.  So light!  And he tells me it has almost no recoil.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I've held a lot of rifles in my day, but this one feels like no other.  So light!  And he tells me it has almost no recoil.

The mid length gas system on that rifle has a lot to do with the lack of recoil and is good for a lot of other reasons as well.  You are going to love it!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:50:28 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

The mid length gas system on that rifle has a lot to do with the lack of recoil and is good for a lot of other reasons as well.  You are going to love it!

Me, too, Bigun.

I am seriously thinking about getting one of these puppies for me!

Breaking down a gun is important to me, recoil and weight.  I have always said, "A shotgun is a girl's best friend."  This gun proved me wrong!

:silly:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Me, too, Bigun.

I am seriously thinking about getting one of these puppies for me!

Breaking down a gun is important to me, recoil and weight.  I have always said, "A shotgun is a girl's best friend."  This gun proved me wrong!

:silly:

Not at all!  Inside your house I'll take that shotgun over ANY rifle any day!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Be glad you got it today.  Based on the way this ridiculous CNN meeting is going, demand will skyrocket.  What's actually still available is liable to get more expensive.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not at all!  Inside your house I'll take that shotgun over ANY rifle any day!

We have a couple Remmie 1100's, and they are like lugging sacks of potatoes....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Be glad you got it today.  Based on the way this ridiculous CNN meeting is going, demand will skyrocket.  What's actually still available is liable to get more expensive.

That's exactly why we got it today.  We discussed, we both know economics.  We're likely to get another tomorrow.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Rubio is discussing visiting the issue of magazine capacity, so you may as well stock up on those, too.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Rubio is discussing visiting the issue of magazine capacity, so you may as well stock up on those, too.

Aw, Hell yeah.  I was looking at a drum today.  Here in AZ they come stock with 30 round mags.  Magpul makes them. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@Bigun @Cyber Liberty

Cyber just told me to call Randy tomorrow morning.  Pick another one up.  They are on sale during February.

A shotgun does give a very nice spray.  Pert near can't miss!  LOL!

I did win First Prize on a cruise years ago when they used to shoot trap off the back of the ship.  Aft?

This one will be for later.  I am afraid they won't be selling these guns in a few weeks.  So tomorrow is No. 2.

Not getting it, but there is a 70-round drum. Too heavy for me!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
@Wingnut

Ah, yep!

For the very first time I turned off my business news on Fox today.  President Trump was chatting with victims of the high school shooting.  I don't know why it bothered me. But, dang, I absolutely hate being called a "victim" myself.  I did not like it one bit.

Offline Fantom

Here we go again... there is not going to be a ban on Ar's. At least not until democrats are in power again. 

I am comfortable with what I have, it is enough to engage point blank to 2000 yrds. And more importantly... the ammo to feed it. Could use some more ammo, but then ... I figure if I need it ... I will either win that battle, and resupply off of them, or they will win and really.... I will win or be dead before I run out of what ammo I have.... er had, lost it in a boating accident.  :shrug:

Having said that, there are several firearms I would like to have.  And  a good firearm is a great store of value.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant

Here we go again... there is not going to be a ban on Ar's. At least not until democrats are in power again. 

I can wait.  I have not shot this one yet!

I will win or be dead before I run out of what ammo I have.... er had, lost it in a boating accident.

Ours fell off the mountain while on the back of a mule.  Miraculously the mule survived!

888high58888

Having said that, there are several firearms I would like to have.  And  a good firearm is a great store of value.

I don't like selling things.  I think I may be a hoarder,  No bits of yarn, mind you.  A lot of baseball stuff here, too.  Ten cats...  Awwww, geeeeze!

Ooooops!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:49:01 am by Slip18 »

Offline Fantom

Ooooops!

LOL, I know what you mean. I bought a used Weatherby, Weatherby Mark  .270 Weatherby magnum complete with a Weatherby scope. Turned out it is a 1977 manufacture date. Really nice condition. I paid $650.00 and they threw in three boxes of ammo.

I figured it would be my trade gun.... that was seven years ago. LOl, I have never shot it. To be fair I need a thousand yard range to make it interesting.

But hey... I have a Mark V Weatherby. ...... Well, until that boating accident.  :whistle:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Thankfully I have a few "fell off the truck" 30 round magazines from deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I'll just have to stock up on .380... 9mm and .45 magazines.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RetBobbyMI

Personally, I am not comfortable with SCOTUS hearing any Second Amendment cases until Trump appoints two more in the mold of Gorsuch.
Why did Gorsuch not join with Thomas?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fantom

Why did Gorsuch not join with Thomas?

What was the actual vote, anyone know?  As too why did not Gorsuch and Alito join in the dissent..... does it matter?

As for hearing the case's, unless you are sure you have 5 votes to apply "Strict Scrutiny" as the standard .. the same standard applied to all the rest of our Amendments. BTW, then it is better to wait and not roll the dice on Roberts and Kennedy. The Second is much to important to have a lower standard become "Stare Decisis" on the Court.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What was the actual vote, anyone know?  As too why did not Gorsuch and Alito join in the dissent..... does it matter?

As for hearing the case's, unless you are sure you have 5 votes to apply "Strict Scrutiny" as the standard .. the same standard applied to all the rest of our Amendments. BTW, then it is better to wait and not roll the dice on Roberts and Kennedy. The Second is much to important to have a lower standard become "Stare Decisis" on the Court.

From what I can tell looking through the ruling for Sylvester v. Becerra he was the lone dissent on whether to take up the case or not.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
From what I can tell looking through the ruling for Sylvester v. Becerra he was the lone dissent on whether to take up the case or not.

He was the only person to sign the dissent.   We don't know the actual vote so Gorsuch may have voted to hear the case.   So basically we don't have enough info
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.