Author Topic: Judge Orders Mueller to Provide Flynn’s Attorneys With 'Any Exculpatory Evidence'  (Read 461 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Judge Orders Mueller to Provide Flynn’s Attorneys With 'Any Exculpatory Evidence'
By Debra Heine February 19, 2018

A federal judge has issued an updated standing order in the case of U.S. v. Flynn, suggesting that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team may have withheld exculpatory evidence in prosecuting former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Judge Emmet G. Sullivan, United States district judge for the District of Columbia, on Friday issued what is called the “Brady rule," which requires the prosecution to turn over "any exculpatory evidence" to the defendant in a criminal case, meaning Mueller must provide Flynn with all information that is favorable to his defense.

more
https://pjmedia.com/trending/judge-orders-mueller-provide-flynns-attorneys-exculpatory-evidence/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Very good article ... chock full of real information. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And why would this paragon of virtue Mueller, not have followed this law on his own?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Wow, the investigation is dirtier than the crimes they are investigating.
The Republic is lost.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Judge Nap on Fox this morning discussed this.   Its been stated that Flynn only plead guilty because of the legal costs and Muellers attacks on his son.   The prior judge sat on the FISA court and may have been the one to approve the warrant.  He probably knew of the warrant to wiretap that included Flynn.

The guilty plea could get thrown out.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

If that were to happen, and the reason why made public, it could completely discredit Mueller's investigation.
The Republic is lost.

BassWrangler

Judge Nap on Fox this morning discussed this.   Its been stated that Flynn only plead guilty because of the legal costs and Muellers attacks on his son.   The prior judge sat on the FISA court and may have been the one to approve the warrant.  He probably knew of the warrant to wiretap that included Flynn.

Does Flynn have a legal defense fund, I wonder?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Let's hope it does.  I hope Flynn makes a bundle from a book of his ordeal at the hands of out-of-control Mueller.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And why would this paragon of virtue Mueller, not have followed this law on his own?

He should have, we don't know that he hasn't yet.  This Judge saw somebody get burned because DoJ ignored the Brady Rule (I think it was AK Senator Ted Stevens), and now writes this into all his orders when dealing with DoJ. This is SOP for this Judge, so I'm not going to read into that any suggestion there's been malfeasance (Although knowing about the lawyers involved, there probably have been dirty tricks played with evidence, and it will come out).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:19:37 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
He should have, we don't know that he hasn't yet.  This Judge saw somebody get burned because DoJ ignored the Brady Rule (I think it was AK Senator Ted Stevens), and now writes this into all his orders when dealing with DoJ. This is SOP for this Judge, so I'm not going to read into that any suggestion there's been malfeasance (Although knowing about the lawyers involved, there probably has been dirty tricks played with evidence, and it will come out).

Thanks for that clarification!  That definitely colors the situation a bit differently.  And good for this judge!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.