Author Topic: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns  (Read 11423 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2018, 03:49:43 pm »
@skeeter

I told my wife that if an evil person can't get guns, they'll just walk into the school, pull the fire alarm, and then wait for all the kids to line up neatly in the parking lot so they can drive a truck through them. Or they'll wait for the Pep Rally, chain the doors shut in the gym, and set the building on fire. Or they'll poison the school lunch.

There's a million ways to perpetrate evil.

You see, @Jazzhead doesn't actually BELIEVE in the existence of good and evil. He's a moral relativist and atheist. So he doesn't understand how evil comes to be. That's why he's on this thread talking about gun control. He honestly believes that evil won't find a way if we just take away ONE tool.

Newsflash: the largest mass killing of students in U.S. history was by using incendiary devices (Bath School killings). In Europe, for the 18 months ending in Dec 2017, there were 146 deaths by mass vehicular homicide. In the U.S. for the same timeframe, there were 133 deaths my mass killings with an "assault rifle."

Step one: believe in evil.

Step two: understand that evil will find a way.

Step three: combat evil by valuing life, preaching the absolute existence of good and evil, stop denying God, and explaining the eternal consequences of evil.

Evil will always exist, and will always find a way, but the more moral a society is, the more likely the number of events will decline drastically.

Exactly correct

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2018, 03:59:37 pm »
I don't think Jazz cares about school shootings. They are merely a pawn, just like the kids on CNN.
Do you know why people drive around without car insurance? They don't want to pay it. Does the government go to their house and confiscate their car? No. What's going to happen if people don't want to pay their gun insurance? Is the government going to break into the house and confiscate the guns?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2018, 04:00:43 pm »
In this particular situation, requiring insurance and registration might have deterred him because it might have prevented him from purchasing in the first place.  No purchase, no gun, no dead kids.

My turn.   :facepalm2:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2018, 04:04:15 pm »
I don't think Jazz cares about school shootings. They are merely a pawn, just like the kids on CNN.
Do you know why people drive around without car insurance? They don't want to pay it. Does the government go to their house and confiscate their car? No. What's going to happen if people don't want to pay their gun insurance? Is the government going to break into the house and confiscate the guns?

I believe he does.

But what he is proposing deserves scrutiny

Part of being a conservative is to question government and government solutions and try to avoid emotional responses even after tragedies
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:06:20 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jpsb

« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2018, 04:08:33 pm »
Your argument fails because there is plenty we can do to prevent gun violence and solve crimes of gun violence by merely regulating the right but not denying it.   Registration and insurance of firearms doesn't deny the RKBA, any more than registration and insurance denies your right to travel by motor vehicle.

Your absolutist insistence that ANY regulation is a slippery slope to confiscation is insane,  given the hundreds of millions of firearms out there and the thousands of preventable deaths.   OF COURSE efficacious regulation that saves lives is worth the small price to the legal gunowner.  Stop being selfish - the community is suffering, and a solution must be found.   
@Jazzhead

Once fire arms are registered they will be confiscated by the ruling oligarchy. Guaranteed. Our
ruling elites do not like us little people having the ability to defend what little freedoms we have
left.

The progressive Marxists want our guns and one of these days they will get them and then
we are screwed. Registration is a huge goal for the progressive Marxists. Since that is what you
are pushing you are either very foolish or a progressive Marxist.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2018, 04:19:49 pm »
@Jazzhead

Once fire arms are registered they will be confiscated by the ruling oligarchy. Guaranteed. Our
ruling elites do not like us little people having the ability to defend what little freedoms we have
left.

The progressive Marxists want our guns and one of these days they will get them and then
we are screwed. Registration is a huge goal for the progressive Marxists. Since that is what you

Some here believe that if we don’t give gun control activist a little bit of what they want, they’ll come for our guns as a result

Others say if we do that, they’ll be emboldened to come for our guns as a result

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:21:03 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jpsb

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2018, 04:20:09 pm »
I believe he does.

But what he is proposing deserves scrutiny

Part of being a conservative is to question government and government solutions and try to avoid emotional responses even after tragedies

End guns free zones. Most mass shooting occur in gun free zones.

How many people are killed every year by illegals? Why isn't the media making a big deal about
all the deaths caused by illegals?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2018, 04:21:16 pm »
@Jazzhead

left.

Registration does not mean confiscation.  Registration does not mean denial of the right of self-defense.  Just look at the registration required for cars - it has neither led to confiscation or the denial of the right to travel.  But if a car is stolen, registration provides a means for assigning the vehicle to its owner.   

You are alarmed by straw men.  Your absolutism and paranoia is, frankly, ridiculous.  There may be half a billion firearms out there, unregistered, untraceable, and all capable of shooting up a school.  A reasonable regime of licensure, registration and insurance is just as useful and necessary for guns as it is for cars - and just as constitutional. 

Stop being selfish.     
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:23:26 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2018, 04:25:58 pm »
End guns free zones. Most mass shooting occur in gun free zones.

How many people are killed every year by illegals? Why isn't the media making a big deal about
all the deaths caused by illegals?

I have no objection to ending gun-free school zones, and enlisting trained individuals to carry to protect the school. 

As for deaths by illegals, what the hell planet are you on?   The media seems obsessed these days with crimes committed by illegals.   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2018, 04:26:16 pm »
Registration does not mean confiscation.  Registration does not mean denial of the right of self-defense.  Just look at the registration required for cars - it has neither led to confiscation or the denial of the right to travel.

Stupid argument. You don't need to register a car to own one.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2018, 04:27:39 pm »
Registration does not mean confiscation.  Registration does not mean denial of the right of self-defense.  Just look at the registration required for cars - it has neither led to confiscation or the denial of the right to travel.  But if a car is stolen, registration provides a means for assigning the vehicle to its owner.   

You are alarmed by straw men.  Your absolutism and paranoia is, frankly, ridiculous.  There may be half a billion firearms out there, unregistered, untraceable, and all capable of shooting up a school.  A reasonable regime of licensure, registration and insurance is just as useful and necessary for guns as it is for cars - and just as constitutional. 

Stop being selfish.     

Legally owned guns are already traceable through their serial number by the ATF (and only through the ATF). Therefore your suggestion to register firearms serves no purpose other than to make it easier for eventual confiscation.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2018, 04:30:39 pm »
I have no objection to ending gun-free school zones, and enlisting trained individuals to carry to protect the school. 

As for deaths by illegals, what the hell planet are you on?   The media seems obsessed these days with crimes committed by illegals.   

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa.

Thats 1 Stoneman Douglas school massacre every 36 hours.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:32:22 pm by skeeter »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2018, 04:38:24 pm »
Registration does not mean confiscation.  Registration does not mean denial of the right of self-defense.  Just look at the registration required for cars - it has neither led to confiscation or the denial of the right to travel.

Stop being selfish.     

If big government does not scare you you're not very bright. Big government has killed 100's of
millions of people in the 20th century alone. How many people have been killed by a mad man
with a gun?

Registration is the necessary first step to confiscation. I'd rather not take that step. Also
registration would not have prevented any mass shooting that I am aware of. Please explain
how registration would have prevented this recent shooting?

This shooting was a massive failure of law enforcement at the local state and federal level.
The shooter should never have been allowed to buy a weapon. The FBI was tipped twice and did
nothing. The local cops had been to his house almost 40 times. How the hell did he pass a
background test? Why wasn't his gun  taken from him? Enforcing existing gun laws should have
prevented this shooting. The last thing we need is more laws.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:42:14 pm by jpsb »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2018, 04:44:12 pm »
Let's not be selfish here.

We had better be. Nothing screams failure like giving government more authority and influence over your life.  See every entitlement program ever enacted as evidence.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2018, 04:47:49 pm »

Look who you are speaking to.  That was a given!   :whistle:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2018, 05:20:07 pm »
... Stop being selfish.     

In all candor, I don't understand what you mean by "selfish" --- but for some reason this scares me.

Can you explain this a little further? @Jazzhead

Thanks.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2018, 05:31:26 pm »
In all candor, I don't understand what you mean by "selfish" --- but for some reason this scares me.

Thanks.

"Selfish" and "childish" are two of his favorite slurs.  Apparently, we're supposed to read those and feel guilty enough to cave in to his ridiculous arguments.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2018, 05:35:14 pm »

You need to register a car to use it for its intended purpose.  Why shouldn't the same apply to guns?   Registration is not "infringement" of the natural right - follow the rules and you can keep your home and property safe and secure.     
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:41:36 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2018, 05:39:45 pm »

Thanks.

Selfish:  Gun fetishists obsessed with protecting their "right" to amass whatever arsenal they want in total secrecy, and to hell with the worries of the community over a nation awash in a half a billion guns, most unregistered and untraceable.     

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2018, 05:42:01 pm »
You need to register a car to use it for its intended purpose.  The same should apply to guns.

I bought a car for the intended purpose of racing it at tracks and drag strips.  All on private property.  I don't need to register those and I don't need a DL issued by some bureaucratic agency.  I have also bought several guns to use specifically at the firing range.  I won't register those either.

Screw your phony baloney argument.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:42:35 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2018, 05:42:17 pm »
Selfish:  Gun fetishists obsessed with protecting their "right" to amass whatever arsenal they want in total secrecy, and to hell with the worries of the community over a nation awash in a half a billion guns, most unregistered and untraceable.   

Thats a flat falsehood.

I don't know how you statists do it - continue to shrug off clearly enumerated constitutional rights while arguing for others nowhere to be found.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2018, 05:43:34 pm »

Thanks.

Selfish: *^% the tenents of your faith, bake me my damn cake.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2018, 05:44:47 pm »
Thats a flat falsehood.

I don't know how you statists do it - continue to shrug off clearly enumerated constitutional rights while arguing for others nowhere to be found.

Roamer brags about buying guns off the back of a truck.   How do you trace ownership of such guns?   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2018, 05:46:03 pm »
Selfish: *^% the tenents of your faith, bake me my damn cake.

Cakes again?   Sheesh, you're obsessed.   If you don't want to sell wedding cakes, don't advertise them.  If you do, then live up to your word.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2018, 05:47:17 pm »
I bought a car for the intended purpose of racing it at tracks and drag strips.  All on private property.  I don't need to register those and I don't need a DL issued by some bureaucratic agency.  I have also bought several guns to use specifically at the firing range.  I won't register those either.

Screw your phony baloney argument.

And screw your selfishness.