Author Topic: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns  (Read 11424 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 03:12:47 pm »

You see, @Jazzhead doesn't actually BELIEVE in the existence of good and evil. He's a moral relativist and atheist.

Wrong on both counts. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 03:15:23 pm »
Wrong on both counts.

Do you believe there are evil people serving in government?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 03:15:53 pm »
Except that's a straw man.  Requiring the registration and insurance of your firearms does not deprive you of your most basic natural right of self defense, any more than requiring you to register and insure your car deprives you of your most basic natural right to travel.

Requiring registration and approval of your religion does not deprive you of your most basic natural right to believe, any more than requiring you to register and insure your car deprives you of your most basic natural right to travel.

Neither does registration and limits on being able to speak or communicate via the press or on the internet deprive you of your most basic natural right to say something in the privacy of your own home.

Jazzhead, you are every rabid Marxist's wet dream of a spokesman.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 04:11:14 pm »
Please forgive the length of this cartoon, but it illustrates why I'm sick to death of people like Jazz on the argument of regulating the Second Amendment.  I've been dealing with this for decades, and I've had loved ones murdered, so I think I have a right to have a stake in this.

No more.  No more.  This is why I've taken a stand, and will fight ANY attempt to tighten controls on my right to defend myself against society's predators.  Tomorrow's my 60th Birthday.  Can anybody guess what's on my wish-list?  Hint:  I'm about to be told I'm being selfish and unreasonable.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 05:27:17 pm »
As it says in Ecclesiastes, there truly is madness in the hearts of man.

Their failure to understand this is why "progressives" never get anything right.

I think this is the point where we agree: how do we prevent the mad from acquiring weapons?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 05:29:02 pm »
No more.  No more.  This is why I've taken a stand, and will fight ANY attempt to tighten controls on my right to defend myself against society's predators.  Tomorrow's my 60th Birthday.  Can anybody guess what's on my wish-list?  Hint:  I'm about to be told I'm being selfish and unreasonable.

If we focus on mental illness, will that help?  And happy early birthday!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2018, 05:32:20 pm »

Enjoy your hobby/fetish, and happy birthday.   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 05:35:34 pm »
If we focus on mental illness, will that help?  And happy early birthday!

We already are.  We need to follow laws currently on the books, and that's not happening.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 05:36:07 pm »
Enjoy your hobby/fetish, and happy birthday.

Fetish?

Screw you.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2018, 05:38:02 pm »
I think this is the point where we agree: how do we prevent the mad from acquiring weapons?

While not allowing ourselves to be dominated by the mad in dark places and in positions of authority.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:39:02 pm by skeeter »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2018, 05:42:00 pm »
Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns

They may be obnoxious and ignorant, but I'd hear them and prepare to educate them.  Calling them names isn't helpful.

This is a new voting bloc ...  it will be formidable and they're coming for your guns.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2018, 05:45:03 pm »

In Europe, the same questions are being asked about "lorries" (trucks in American English speak).

How can they possible allow people to own, steal, borrow or rent a lorry? Lorries are used to run down and kill innocent people.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 05:48:48 pm »
We already are.  We need to follow laws currently on the books, and that's not happening.

What laws currently on the books would have prevented the carnage in Florida?

(Serious question @Cyber Liberty )

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 06:00:18 pm »

Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990.

Where are the means to prevent firearms from being brought onto campus? Metal detectors? Armed faculty? FBI follow up on obvious red flags?

Signs don't cut it.

It was a feel good, unserious law. The only law politicians/bureaucrats are serious about is one removing a perceived threat to their own authority.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:02:46 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 06:09:30 pm »

There's the list of FBI tips that weren't followed, to start with.  Technically they broke the law every time they failed to follow up on one of the tips.  Dittos for the locals.  Most of those tips go to the state of mind of the accused.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2018, 06:12:23 pm »
Fetish?

Fetish, Absolutist, Selfish, Extremist, Bigot, Homophobe and every other typical Leftist slur and insult that we have heard has been levied by our resident Leftist on this board towards those who do not embrace his Marxist worldview.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2018, 06:13:36 pm »
Fetish, Absolutist, Selfish, Extremist, Bigot, Homophobe and every other typical Leftist slur and insult that we have heard has been levied by our resident Leftist on this board towards those who do not embrace his Marxist worldview.

Kinky.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2018, 06:16:15 pm »

It's just another addition to the long list of things that one has called me.  My standing favorite is "Invar's Lickspittle."  Has a certain ring to it he has yet to top in grandiloquence. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2018, 06:20:45 pm »
Fetish?

Screw you.

Oh, stop being such a grumpyface.   I collect jazz records,  and have many more than I'll ever be able to listen to.  Call that my fetish, if you will.   You want a gun for your birthday, to add to your collection.  You don't need it, for protection or otherwise,  you just dig guns.   That's fine - but it does qualify as a fetish:  "An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence", according to Webster's New College dictionary.   

Happiness is a warm gun - enjoy your special day!         
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:21:34 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 06:36:59 pm »

If no significant gun control legislation was passed following the slaughter of 20 innocent school children in Sandy Hook elementary school in 2012, when Obama was the president and the democrats controlled the senate, what makes anyone think that gun control laws have any chance of passing now with republicans in full control of the government?

The democrats paid lip service to “doing something” about guns, but nothing happened then nor will anything happen now because democrats want the gun control issue to be raging on for the upcoming midterms.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2018, 06:41:57 pm »
If no significant gun control legislation was passed following the slaughter of 20 innocent school children in Sandy Hook elementary school in 2012, when Obama was the president and the democrats controlled the senate, what makes anyone think that gun control laws have any chance of passing now with republicans in full control of the government?

Yet we have Republicans in full control of government passing a 1.5 TRILLION dollar deficit spending budget, outspending Obama's regime.

Republicans are the ones now joining the call to 'do something' about guns.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2018, 08:16:17 pm »
Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990.

Where are the means to prevent firearms from being brought onto campus? Metal detectors? Armed faculty? FBI follow up on obvious red flags?

Signs don't cut it.   It was a feel good, unserious law. The only law politicians/bureaucrats are serious about is one removing a perceived threat to their own authority.

This was my point ... we have no laws on the books that would have prevented this because we are unserious about identifying and treating our mentally ill.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 08:22:27 pm »
This was my point ... we have no laws on the books that would have prevented this because we are unserious about identifying and treating our mentally ill.

I disagree, we have the laws.  What we lack is the guts to follow them.  Well, at least our politicians do.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2018, 12:26:08 am »

The democrats paid lip service to “doing something” about guns, but nothing happened then nor will anything happen now because democrats want the gun control issue to be raging on for the upcoming midterms.

This is true. The fact is, gun owners tend to be more politically active than non gun owners on this issue. It's a big coastal elite/ media issue but Democrats in swing districts tend to tread more carefully.  Recall the Million Mom March in the late 1990's that was supposed to sweep anti gun Democrats in power. It didn't go as planned

BTW, comparing gun ownership to car ownership is a faulty comparison. For one, Driving is not a right.  And there's no history of tyrants confiscating automobiles when solidifying their power
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2018, 02:33:09 am »
Laura wrote:
"I think this is the point where we agree: how do we prevent the mad from acquiring weapons?"

Answer:
You don't. At least not all the time.
Some are going to get them anyway.
And some are going to go off the cliff and use them against innocents.

We can take numerous reasonable and rational steps to identify and confine some of these shooters, and we may get a good number of them preemptively. But nevertheless, SOME are going to slip through the cracks or otherwise evade detection.

For that reason, these kind of killings are going to continue regardless of what attempts at "gun control" are imposed upon us.
So... the only logical course of action is to OPPOSE EVERYTHING that the leftists-communists agitate for. Because nothing for which they agitate will do much to solve the problem.

I've come to the conclusion that a certain number of innocent deaths at the hands of crazed lunatic killers (such as the one in Florida a few days' back) is ultimately "the price we must pay" -- IF we are to keep our full Second Amendment rights.

The only parameter we must decide upon is HOW MANY innocent deaths per year is a reasonable cost for our freedom to buy and own the weapons we want.

Since no one else in this forum other than me would be willing to offer up such a number, I will:
I'll reckon that "cost" to be 600-1,300 lives per year (for lack of any point of reference).

In a nation of 300+ million, that's a small enough "price to pay".

The flame suit is on.