Author Topic: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns  (Read 11430 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns
« on: February 20, 2018, 02:46:27 pm »
 By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Monday, February 19, 2018

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

Teens across the nation, fed up with school shootings, are planning marches, media events and three-minute demonstrations at the White House in order to get across their messages of frustration with the Second Amendment and to demand lawmakers take immediate action.

Now if only they weren’t so dang entitled, snarky and obnoxious.

“My message for the people in office is: You’re either with us or against us,” said junior Cameron Kasky, in CNN. “We are losing our lives while the adults are playing around.”

Oh please. Insert eye-roll here.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/19/obnoxious-ignorant-teens-now-demand-curbs-guns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 05:50:20 pm »
Let's not be selfish here.   17 lives were snuffed out by an idiot with an assault weapon.  Those who own and use guns need to be part of the solution.   Guns don't cause violence, but they sure facilitate its magnitude. 

Conservatives would be well advised to support efficacious gun restrictions,  such as gun violence restraining orders,  and measures that provide law enforcement with the tools to track and trace stolen guns.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 05:54:57 pm »
... efficacious gun restrictions ...   

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 07:27:15 pm »
Let's not be selfish here.   17 lives were snuffed out by an idiot with an assault weapon.  Those who own and use guns need to be part of the solution.   Guns don't cause violence, but they sure facilitate its magnitude. 

Conservatives would be well advised to support efficacious gun restrictions,  such as gun violence restraining orders,  and measures that provide law enforcement with the tools to track and trace stolen guns.   

Being concerned that I might be prohibited from defending myself from society's predators is not "selfish."

Maybe to the restraining orders, but not as written up by that French fellow you posted elsewhere, and certainly not to your second suggestion "Provide law enforcement tools to track and trace."  That's code for "register and insure," your old saw.  If you can add "tools" to law enforcement without registering the weapons of innocent people, I'd be willing to look at that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:27:53 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 07:42:24 pm »
Being concerned that I might be prohibited from defending myself from society's predators is not "selfish."

Maybe to the restraining orders, but not as written up by that French fellow you posted elsewhere, and certainly not to your second suggestion "Provide law enforcement tools to track and trace."  That's code for "register and insure," your old saw.  If you can add "tools" to law enforcement without registering the weapons of innocent people, I'd be willing to look at that.

Someone earlier mentioned "tracking" of guns to the store level.  Does that make sense?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 07:56:03 pm »
Someone earlier mentioned "tracking" of guns to the store level.  Does that make sense?

I don't know, I'd have to see it.  Not if the applications for the NICS checks are retained, because them registration is just 2 plus 2 away.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 08:44:46 pm »
I don't know, I'd have to see it.  Not if the applications for the NICS checks are retained, because them registration is just 2 plus 2 away.

I'm guessing it's sort of the case now, isn't it?  I'm guessing the police tracked the FL shooter's weapons to the store where he bought them. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 09:15:22 pm »
"Let's use these teens as political pawns by sending them out to scream at Republican lawmakers for Gun Control"
"Why don't they scream at the FBI instead?"
"Leave those poor grieving kids alone"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 10:34:02 pm »
No more pencils no more books
No more teacher's dirty looks yeah
Well we got no class
And we got no "principles"
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 10:40:15 pm »
"Let's use these teens as political pawns by sending them out to scream at Republican lawmakers for Gun Control"
"Why don't they scream at the FBI instead?"
"Leave those poor grieving kids alone"
"Shouldn't we be concerned that these kids are being used as political pawns to further an agenda they may not understand?"
"SHUT UP! HOW DARE YOU ATTACK THE CHILDREN!!!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 10:49:46 pm »

It occurred to me that this kid probably could've killed as many if not more had he sped through the quad in his car as classes were letting out.

I doubt very much Americans would tolerate DC proposing a new law in response requiring a mandatory annual practical driving exams for everyone in order to maintain their driving privileges.

Proposing to further curtail 2A rights is exactly the same thing. Although the things you specifically name above seem reasonable.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:51:56 pm by skeeter »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 10:52:26 pm »
I'm guessing it's sort of the case now, isn't it?  I'm guessing the police tracked the FL shooter's weapons to the store where he bought them.

I know you are joking, but to those who do think that way, all I say is, they chose to get into the arena.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 01:35:11 pm »

That's a straw man. No one is suggesting anything that would deprive you of the right to defend yourself.   Does the requirement that you register and insure your car deprive you of the ability to drive anywhere you want?   

The gun hobbyists are hung up on a slippery slope of their own imaginations.  The Second Amendment guarantees you the right to defend your home and property,  but doesn't prevent the community from insisting that the cops have the means to track and trace stolen guns,  or to remove guns temporarily from the possession of persons with evidence of mental illness or violence.     The goals are not mutually exclusive.   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 01:39:06 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 02:16:01 pm »
No one is suggesting anything that would deprive you of the right to defend yourself.   

The biggest lie in every debate about "gun control."  It's all about depriving people of their weapons.  The whole point.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 02:25:13 pm »
The biggest lie in every debate about "gun control."  It's all about depriving people of their weapons.  The whole point.

Bullshit.  Again - are you deprived of your car because you must register and insure it?   

Stop being selfish.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 02:30:49 pm »
Stop being selfish.

We fully intend to be selfish by refusing to surrender our rights into becoming just government-granted regulated privileges at the behest of people like you.

You're going to have to empower the government to go out and use guns to kill those of us who refuse to comply with your 'unselfish' ideas - should they become policy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 02:38:43 pm »
Again - are you deprived of your car because you must register and insure it?   

Actually, yes.  Well, not me personally, but my son cannot buy a car because he is unable to afford the insurance on it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2018, 02:59:42 pm »
Bullshit.  Again - are you deprived of your car because you must register and insure it?   

Stop being selfish.

"Bullshit" is the exactly response I expected.  Do yourself a favor and forget commenting to me about this subject, I already know you are a sack of it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2018, 03:00:00 pm »
It occurred to me that this kid probably could've killed as many if not more had he sped through the quad in his car as classes were letting out.

I doubt very much Americans would tolerate DC proposing a new law in response requiring a mandatory annual practical driving exams for everyone in order to maintain their driving privileges.

Proposing to further curtail 2A rights is exactly the same thing. Although the things you specifically name above seem reasonable.

@skeeter

I told my wife that if an evil person can't get guns, they'll just walk into the school, pull the fire alarm, and then wait for all the kids to line up neatly in the parking lot so they can drive a truck through them. Or they'll wait for the Pep Rally, chain the doors shut in the gym, and set the building on fire. Or they'll poison the school lunch.

There's a million ways to perpetrate evil.

You see, @Jazzhead doesn't actually BELIEVE in the existence of good and evil. He's a moral relativist and atheist. So he doesn't understand how evil comes to be. That's why he's on this thread talking about gun control. He honestly believes that evil won't find a way if we just take away ONE tool.

Newsflash: the largest mass killing of students in U.S. history was by using incendiary devices (Bath School killings). In Europe, for the 18 months ending in Dec 2017, there were 146 deaths by mass vehicular homicide. In the U.S. for the same timeframe, there were 133 deaths my mass killings with an "assault rifle."

Step one: believe in evil.

Step two: understand that evil will find a way.

Step three: combat evil by valuing life, preaching the absolute existence of good and evil, stop denying God, and explaining the eternal consequences of evil.

Evil will always exist, and will always find a way, but the more moral a society is, the more likely the number of events will decline drastically.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2018, 03:01:16 pm »

Absolutely correct.

Look at what the leftists who run CA are doing - while a the same time coming up with law after law making felons out of law abiding gun owners, Jerry Brown has significantly rolled back many of the state's strictest sentencing laws. They're even considering a bill releasing any lifer over 60 who's done 25 years or more of their sentence.

They-dont-care-about-our-safety. They want the guns.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 03:03:20 pm »
@skeeter

I told my wife that if an evil person can't get guns, they'll just walk into the school, pull the fire alarm, and then wait for all the kids to line up neatly in the parking lot so they can drive a truck through them. Or they'll wait for the Pep Rally, chain the doors shut in the gym, and set the building on fire. Or they'll poison the school lunch.

You see, @Jazzhead doesn't actually BELIEVE in the existence of good and evil. He's a moral relativist and atheist. So he doesn't understand how evil comes to be. That's why he's on this thread talking about gun control. He honestly believes that evil won't find a way if we just take away ONE tool.

Newsflash: the largest mass killing of students in U.S. history was by using incendiary devices (Bath School killings). In Europe, for the 18 months ending in Dec 2017, there were 146 deaths by mass vehicular homicide. In the U.S. for the same timeframe, there were 133 deaths my mass killings with an "assault rifle."

Step three: combat evil by valuing life, preaching the absolute existence of good and evil, stop denying God, and explaining the eternal consequences of evil.

Evil will always exist, and will always find a way, but the more moral a society is, the more likely the number of events will decline drastically.

He claims the "moral high ground," but in reality his is the most immoral stance one can take.  Depriving people of one of the most basic natural rights in the universe, the right to defend oneself, isn't even simple immorality, it's evil.  This is one of those times I stand right next to brother @INVAR in describing this person.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2018, 03:08:44 pm »
"Bullshit" is the exactly response I expected.  Do yourself a favor and forget commenting to me about this subject, I already know you are a sack of it.

And I already know that the question stymies you, and responding in the personal is all you can muster. 

No one is trying to deny you the right to defend yourself.   Why can't you do so with one or more registered and insured firearms?   Or is your selfishness akin to INVAR's, who promises to kill federal agents just trying to do their jobs?   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2018, 03:11:15 pm »
He claims the "moral high ground," but in reality his is the most immoral stance one can take.  Depriving people of one of the most basic natural rights in the universe, the right to defend oneself, isn't even simple immorality, it's evil.

Except that's a straw man.  Requiring the registration and insurance of your firearms does not deprive you of your most basic natural right of self defense, any more than requiring you to register and insure your car deprives you of your most basic natural right to travel.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2018, 03:12:02 pm »
No one is trying to deny you the right to defend yourself.   Why can't you do so with one or more registered and insured firearms?   Or is your selfishness akin to INVAR's, who promises to kill federal agents just trying to do their jobs?

Yes.  Our forbears killed Redcoats trying to do theirs.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2018, 03:12:35 pm »
@skeeter

As it says in Ecclesiastes, there truly is madness in the hearts of man.

Their failure to understand this is why "progressives" never get anything right.