Author Topic: Netanyahu's troubles deepen as Israeli police arrest confidants  (Read 333 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Netanyahu's troubles deepen as Israeli police arrest confidants
« on: February 20, 2018, 03:36:03 am »
Netanyahu's troubles deepen as Israeli police arrest confidants
CNN, Feb 19, 2018, Oren Liebermann and Amir Tal

Embattled Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's troubles deepened as police arrested members of his inner circle in a widening graft probe, now the fourth investigation to involve the Israeli leader or his confidants.

The arrests come less than a week after police said they had enough evidence to indict Netanyahu on charges of fraud, bribery, and breach of trust.

Police revealed on Tuesday they had arrested seven people on suspicion of obstruction of justice, fraud, breach of trust, and other charges, entangling a growing number of those closest to the Prime Minister.

Among those arrested is Nir Hefetz, Netanyahu's former family spokesperson, and Shaul Elovitch, the multi-millionaire owner of an Israeli news organization who is considered a close friend of Netanyahu.

The arrests were carried out Sunday following a joint investigation between police and the Israel Securities Authority, which had conducted its own probe last year. In court documents filed in Tel Aviv Magistrate's Court, the judge, in her decision to further detain one of the suspects, said there had been "substantial developments" in the investigation, without specifying what they were.

More: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/19/middleeast/israel-netanyahu-inner-circle-arrests-intl/index.html

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Netanyahu's troubles deepen as Israeli police arrest confidants
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:54:00 am »
I do not want to comment on this topic.
I have not commented.
I have no comment.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Netanyahu's troubles deepen as Israeli police arrest confidants
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 03:57:09 am »
I think the Israelis would greatly benefit from adopting term limits. 

Sharon's indictment for bribery was working its way through the justice department when he had his massive stroke; Olmert just completed his 19 month prison term for bribery and obstruction.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely and Netanyahu's been at or near the top of the political pyramid since 1988.   He should have retired in 2015.